Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oddest thing....we have a big field by the yard. That's where Tucker goes to pee and poop, and sometimes just to wander around.

The past week, he started going up to a particular spot. First couple of days, he'd be standing there; I'd call him down from the field. Hub checked it out, and there's a dead groundhog laying there. Every day now, after doing his business, Tucker's going up and laying down near the groundhog, about 5 ft. away....just laying there, watching it. He's never been one to eat dead animals (once or twice chewed on a dead rabbit, though). He's not eating, nor chewing on, this groundhog. It's as though he's keeping watch, keeping a vigil over it.

He'll lay down near it for a few minutes, then I'll call him down from it, back into the yard, and he comes.

Just the oddest thing.....odd, yet poignant or something at the same time. :-\

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Wasn't it Tucker, last year, who brought home to you a baby bird??

Donna, I do believe that your boy has a soft, sweet soul. Just look at him! It is written all over his face! :)

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anne said:

Donna, I do believe that your boy has a soft, sweet soul. Just look at him! It is written all over his face! :)
Anne, yes it was him. Boy you have a good memory. He found a baby bird out of the nest, and a baby rabbit, also out of its nest. He carried them gently to me, and I asked him to 'find it', and he showed me where the nests were each time so I could put them back. He is a gentle guy. :)

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Tucker is such a sweet gentle guy. My two leave the groundhogs alone, but Ginger was a groundhog hunter-stalker. Every year she would kill and bring home at least 7 or 8. In the two years since she has passed, the groundhog populations has increased.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Djc1249 said:
Anne said:

Anne, yes it was him. Boy you have a good memory. He found a baby bird out of the nest, and a baby rabbit, also out of its nest. He carried them gently to me, and I asked him to 'find it', and he showed me where the nests were each time so I could put them back. He is a gentle guy. :)
What a good boy!!! I love that - make sure you tell us more Tucker stories... that's just precious! :)

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
turtleheadfred said:
Djc1249 said:
Anne said:

What a good boy!!! I love that - make sure you tell us more Tucker stories... that's just precious! :)
turtleheadfred (gosh I love your name..how original). If you wanna read about the babies, right under my sig pic of Tucker, you can click on his Dogster page. Scroll down on that page (diary) and you can read about the birds and baby rabbits. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts