Just Labradors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so Maggie has taken to (or gotten worse) about her temper tantrums. If I am not giving her 150% of my attention she throws a barking, growling, biting fit. I have taken to putting her in a sit-stay or down-stay and putting the timer for 5 minutes. if she stays put the entire time, i release her and play with her....until she has another fit, in which i repeat the process. if she's so irritable that she does not stay put, then I put it back in the sit or down-stay and reset the timer with an added minute each time...sometimes it ends up at 20 minutes before she doesn't break the sit/down-stay. is this too much? I know she understand what I want from her when I give her the stay command, but is the adding minutes too much?

thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey,

yeah removed from litter way to early thanks to idiotic people. anyways.

okay so i had a feeling it was to long...but i know she will hold a sit-stay/down-stay for that long because I have been working with her in our daily training sessions to hold a sit/down-stay and she's up to 10 minutes easy....but she's a brat when she gets moody and irritable and...bratty.

so....i'll cut the time in half....and not increase the time.

Also, i tried crating her when she was being a brat, she just got worse and i hate crating her when i am able to watch her because she is in there so much when im at work or school.

usually after she finishes her stay session after being irritable she's much better, she is much calmer and i think she connects the dots in some way.

thanks for the advice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.