Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying again to give Abby some freedom when we are not home. I went to the store today & left them both out. Nothing was out of place. I did notice two small chew marks on Molly's Orvis bed. I can't say for sure if they are new...I will have to monitor that. But I hope she becomes trust worthy. I closed all the doors to the bedrooms & the bathroom. She also can not go downstairs to the family room. Remember, we just got new carpet after she chewed a hole in the old carpet. ::)

She is otherwise a very good girl so I hope she can be trusted. I would love for them to both have free run of the house. We will see. :)

But I'm not putting her crate away just yet. ;)

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Hope it works out. I went through the same thing with Jazzy. She chewed a hole in our living room carpet and ate the arms off of a recliner. I put her back in the crate for several months and then tried again. Knock on wood, she has been great since. My only problem is Jake and food. I have to make sure every bit of food is put away. Last week he ate 5 whole bananas, skin and all!

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.
I hope it works out. We have a wedding tonight & we are going to try leaving her out again. The truth is I don't want her to be in her crate with her Elizabethan collar on. Her incision looks wonderful, she gets her stitches out Tuesday. She has not been licking the incision. I think she may get frightened in her crate with the collar on. So for two days now the collar has been off. I also thought being in her crate she may lick if she is bored. Wish us luck. :)

I actually thought about not going to the wedding but I really can't not go. So we are just going to the reception for awhile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts