Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have caught a few episodes... but I am not a fan at all. I can't abide redneck vampires, and all the gratuitous sex grates on my nerves.

Vampire Diaries is the best vamp show out there right now.

Twilight bites.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I love True Blood! The Sookie Stackhouse series of books is one of my favorites. The show is a lot different but not necessarily in a bad way. Team Eric!

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
True Blood trumps all vampire shows out there.

The books were very enjoyable for me too, Allie. The next one is out the end of March or May I think. I can never remember which M month.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Love the True Blood books, hated the series. TWILIGHT RULES! Now reading another series called NightWorld, by the author of The Vampire Diaries. Love it!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I love True Blood.

I find Vampire Diaries too teeny bopper. Like a 90210 vampire series.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I don't have HBO.

I want to read the Sookie books but when I looked on the library website I couldn't tell what order they went in! I haven't checked into it since then.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Love the True Blood books, hated the series. TWILIGHT RULES! Now reading another series called NightWorld, by the author of The Vampire Diaries. Love it!
Night World is pretty good. The same author wrote the series that Vampire Diaries is based on. Those were just OK for me. Night World is better IMO.

The Morganville series isn't bad, either. The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead is REALLY good.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I don't have HBO.

I want to read the Sookie books but when I looked on the library website I couldn't tell what order they went in! I haven't checked into it since then.
We don't have HBO, either, but I"m thinking about getting it this summer just to watch/record TB. You can rent the show DVDs through Netflix or Blockbuster for now, though.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
LOVE True Blood! But then I'm all for gratuitous sex. :smokin:

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
i heard the books are great so i rented the first DVD....that did it for me; no more. maybe i'm just "old", LOL...but not what I was hoping for.
I'm not a Twilight fan, either. i like more "mature" guys. ;)
Best vampire thing on TV for me was when Port Charles was on and Michael Easton played the vampire. Now talk about a hot vampire. Look him up! He is on OLTL now.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I love it! and I love the books too. I did not like Vampire Diaries at all, the characters are too young, like Twilight. I liked the books but not the movies.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess right now I am comparing all vampire stuff to my own.

I agree Vampire Diaries is teeny bop stuff, but I really like the storyline and the brothers Salvatore.

I will watch some more of the True Blood, maybe it has to grow on you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts