Just Labradors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where and how do you feed tripe? I think I remember hearing green tripe was the stuff to get. I have seen green tripe in cans in the pet store. Is that o.k.?

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Green tripe IS the stuff to get. Canned is better than no tripe at all, but fresh is heads and tails above canned, as it still has all the enzymes and stuff thats been processed out of the canned version. ;)

I feed tripe about three (sometimes four) times a week. If you're kickin' it prey model style it counts as muscle meat. :D

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Tripe is cow's stomach. I use BRAVO's frozen tripe and give some to the boys every day. It's a lot less than the canned tripe.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tripe is cow's stomach. I use BRAVO's frozen tripe and give some to the boys every day. It's a lot less than the canned tripe.
I'll have to look for that. The new doggie day care and training facility I am working at is a dealer and I am thawing a big 10-pound "log of Turkey" today!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
You have to make sure that the tripe you get is from grass fed, NOT grain fed cattle. I learned that one the hard way. If you get tripe from corn fed, you get all the glutens etccc...... I keep a couple of cans of Tripett around. It is great to tempt a fussy eater.

·
Registered
527 Posts
We feed ground green tripe several times a week. I try to include it in a meal at least 3-4 times per week.

Canned tripe is fine, but the raw source is much better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts