Just Labradors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a little sweetheart! When she's cozy in my lap she stays ever-so-still while I get each one of her front claws clipped. She actually seems to enjoy it. I know she loves having her little paws fiddled with. I do little kitty massagings in between her toes with one finger. To encourage her to be comfortable with trimmings I also squeeze those retractables in and out while I'm massaging her feetsies. :)

Her back claws, however, are a different matter. I got a couple done but then my yard guy went past the window with the lawn mower and it kinda spooked her. Owie! Kitty scratches hurt! No biggie. We'll get those next weekend.

I had never trimmed cat claws before. What a great first experience for me! (Well, it's her second trimming, but you know what I mean.)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jackie - I'm going to try to introduce her to water soon, see what she does. She loves to paw the water coming from the kitchen tap and she seems fascinated with a sink full of water. Siamese (in my experiences) don't seem to have the aversion to water most cats do. I guess because they were originally bred to be fishers... swatting fish out of pools of water. Maybe the gene is still strong in modern day Siamese?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I wish I could do Dooley cat's nails that easily! He will let me do maybe two at a time, then he is off like a rocket! And water...forget it! That's interesting about Siamese cats...will await Hope's intro to water eagerly!:)

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.