Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Right now my two get Wellness Duck treats also use Salmon treats. These smell horrible but the dogs love them. I try to stay with high quality which are not cheap.. I also give them pieces of cheese when I eat cheese, also peanut butter.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
My boys get wheat- and corn-free treats, a bit every time we call them and they come. They also get bits of fruits and vegetables, marrow bones once in a while, and frozen Kongs when we leave and they are crated. Oh yes, they also get an occasional piece of dried sweet potato chews.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Ernie has Crohns so I make rice crackers. He has these if I am training, or as a general treat. As a special treat he has prescription hypoallergenic treats. If he stays in the house when someone accidentally leves the door open he gets one of these. Erns is a run away boy.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finaly have Jack swithched over to Tasted of the wild dogfood. ive noticed a big difference in his coat.now im trying to figure out somthing better than what ive been giving him on the treat side.lately i ve been giving him Healthy brand and beneful brand treats.he d probably love the dried sweet potatoe chews and ill have to look into the wellness duck treats.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ernie has Crohns so I make rice crackers. He has these if I am training, or as a general treat. As a special treat he has prescription hypoallergenic treats. If he stays in the house when someone accidentally leves the door open he gets one of these. Erns is a run away boy.
he looks great.rice crackers sounds lik a definate plan

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I always have a handful of her kibble in my pocket for reward treats. She also gets a piece of chicken jerky at bedtime, or when i am going to leave her for a few hours or more. It has become a signal for quiet time more than a treat by now. She gets a few baby carrots at meal time for staying on her bed and not mooching. For serious work outside, off lead, I use Natural balance meat rolls. I slice and dice them into 1/4 inch cubes. They smell like meat and she goes nuts for them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I give cheese or potato chips. Between skin and ears they can't have anything else. Peanut butter makes my golden get hives so if one has a problem with something nobody gets it. They can also have french fries if we have them...occasionally I will also give them the gerber graduates yogart melts...but usually only if they are on an antibiotic. But they love them!

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
General treats are Natural Balance grain free (Duck & Potato, Venison & Sweet Potato, Fish & Sweet Potato). For training I use NB Duck & Potato food roll, homemade pumpkin/oatmeal treats, jerky style treats, baby carrots.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I forgot to say I always have a pocketful of cheerios. I use those for training. I give the girls treats after a training session & when we have been out for awhile & come home.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I also have some of those Old Mother Hubbard treats and those Natural Balance rolls, which I cut up into tiny little pieces, about the size of an eraser on top of a pencil. I also use cheese, I get the big chunk of mozzarella at Sam's Club and chop that up really small - that's what Abbey gets at agility :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
marrow bones once a week (from the butcher)
and I make treats...couple different ones
I do it for a couple reasons...1- it's cheap to make your own 2- I know exactly whats going in it
Their favorites are the liver brownies and peanut butter treats.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Usually Vitality treats or anything corn and wheat free..they also get peanut butter and cheese too.

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Since Mitzi and Bruno are grain-free, I give them dehydrated chicken pieces. One each night before bedtime, and small pieces on our walks. Marrow bones every so often.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
We use raw baby carrots, blueberry treats (no corn or wheat), and pieces of their regular kibble for regular treats. I make homemade training treats from liver, eggs and oatmeal. I also use small cubes of cheese, mostly string or munster. The girls will do almost anything for one of the liver treats. They also get bites of raw apple and zucchini when I am making salad for dinner. They are both good veggie and fruit eaters. As long as the treats are good for them and they like them you can use most anything. We do not feed them scraps or processed foods of any kind. They would love it I am sure but both of the girls would be tubbies if we didn't watch their diets.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts