Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aidan is on Tramadol 100 mg

Anyone familiar with this drug or have experience with it with their dog?

Isnt this a drug that is also used in humans, fairly often?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Jazzy takes Tramadol(50 mg) as needed for hip dysplasia. Funny you should ask about humans taking this, as I also take this as needed for my RA(Rhuematoid Arthritis). When Jazzy's vet was writing me a Rx for her, we started talking about how I use this drug, and the vet was taking it too for a severe ankle injury.
Jazzy probably doesn't need this inaddtion to her Deramaxx more than 2-3 times a month. So far, she hasn't had any problems from it.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Both Zack and Belle have been on it and it seems to help with their pain factor. They were also on Rimadyl with it and after a few days we stopped both. Went to Ascriptin which is aspirin with Maalox, so that they didnt experience stomach upset from the Ascritin
Prayers and good thoughts your way. There is nothing like worrying about your baby when he is gimping around. Hugs to all, especially Aidan.

Ginny

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I take Tramadol/Ultram every day 200mg for back pain.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Indy is on Rimadyl and Tramadol (has been for almost 7 years and is doing AWESOME on the combination, and has shown no elevation in any of his chemistry levels when we get them checked every four to five months.). Yes, it is a human drug, tramadol is the generic and Ultram is the brand name; therefore you can get it at your local pharmacy for usually 4 dollars. They use this in the pain management clinic for chronic pain patients for longterm use. The one thing I would suggest is to make sure it is given with a fully tummy, otherwise it can cause upset (this I know from personal experience, I've taken this for hand pain.).

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok...thanks very much for the info...

Not getting why the human prescription cost 10x LESS than what they're charging at the vet :/
without insurance...just the same script bought at WalMart pharmacy is 10x less
Wondering how I can get Aidan added to my health insurance =D

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Rookie was on it post OCD op.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Tucker was on it when he hurt his leg in December...my b/f takes it for hip problems...my b/f took Tucker's when his prescription ran out and didn't get to the pharmacy in time...LOL

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Rhys is on it when needed. I took Tramacet, the human equivalent after a dental procedure a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Dee had it prescribed (after surgery I believe), but didn't end up needing it. I remember that they were really expensive and I questioned my bill thinking that it might be a mistake, but it wasn't. Sorry, no experience with actually taking it. Good thoughts for Aidan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts