Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did I mention before I HATE training people! ::) Next week a new gal is going to start working part time.. I get to train her...HECK right now it's so slow here isn't enough to keep me busy..as you can tell ;)

I am so not looking forward to the next few weeks, Oh and next Monday I will have been here 17 YEARS!! So I have trained a lot of people.. and I STILL hate it!

I was so hoping I would have been working at the place I interviewed for..still hoping! :-\ I am SO BURNED out here!

Ok I am done for now on venting ;)

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I agree 100 percent! I have trained lots of interns over the 26 years I have been here, and more often than not it is easier just to do the job myself. Their work ethic stinks (for the most part) and their naivete (sp?) just makes me roll my eyes. I swear young people 21 and under just get younger and younger every year!

[/rant]

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I hope you get the job!. Sorry about having to train someone. I don't normally mind as long as the person is willing to learn and I have the time. Nothing worse than being swamped with your own work then having to train someone because it takes so much longer to get anything done.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Belles mom said:
I agree 100 percent! I have trained lots of interns over the 26 years I have been here, and more often than not it is easier just to do the job myself. Their work ethic stinks (for the most part) and their naivete (sp?) just makes me roll my eyes. I swear young people 21 and under just get younger and younger every year!

[/rant]
My favorite is you train them, put up with their tardines and unprofessional attitude,to find out a few years later, they are working for another company making the big $$$$!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I enjoy training people. My recent trainee, the one who talks to the paperclips the entire day, was willing and eager to learn and she learned quickly so that made it easy for me. I like the challenge of presenting information or processes to a new person in a logical, well thought out manner so that they "get it" from the start. That is satisfying. :)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
MidwestGirl said:
why was she talking to the paperclips?
She talks to everything, I just shortened the list for that last post. Talks to herself, her folders, her monitor, the calendar, stacks of paper, the air, she just talk talk talk talks all day long. When it wasn't annoying it really was rather amusing. :)

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paddysmom said:
MidwestGirl said:
why was she talking to the paperclips?
She talks to everything, I just shortened the list for that last post. Talks to herself, her folders, her monitor, the calendar, stacks of paper, the air, she just talk talk talk talks all day long. When it wasn't annoying it really was rather amusing. :)
That would drive me nuts!!

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Oh dear...this is not making me look forward to my new possible job :(

Hope whoever is incharge of training me actually wants to do it :p Otherwise they are just going to have to wait for me to figure it out myself and do it my way and can't complain when things aren't done their way :)

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I have lost my tolerance for training people. Once in a while you get a good one, but most of the time, I really have no idea how most people get out of the house in the morning by themselves. I have no idea what's going on, but common sense and a bunch of other skills are just totally gone.... not lacking... gone.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Buckyball said:

Hope whoever is incharge of training me actually wants to do it :p Otherwise they are just going to have to wait for me to figure it out myself and do it my way and can't complain when things aren't done their way :)
Don't let this get to you... I am just saying I just dread it anymore.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
MidwestGirl said:
Buckyball said:

Don't let this get to you... I am just saying I just dread it anymore.

hehehe ok :p

But I will definitely be watching my "trainer" person :p hmmm What are you REALLY thinking trainer person??? huh? huh? huh? :p :laugh: :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts