Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that is what I have from coughing for four (now 5) weeks. Also bronchitis.

I ended up going to the er for Xrays on Friday night. I couldn't deal with the pain. Every move was painful. Coughing was excruciating. I was crying. I'm not a crier.

No breaks or cracks. But the er doctor said torn cartilage because I heard a crack while coughing. A crack is torn cartilage, while a pop would indicate a break/cracked rib.

I think I may die a slow death. She said to alternate Motrin and Tylenol. It doesn't help. The only thing that touches the pain is the cough syrup with codeine. I'm almost out. I feel like a junkie. I want to call my family doctor and request pain medication. Think they'll go for it?

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I would certainly call the doc and let them know you were in the ER and what they had said. Ribs are the worst and while nothing will totally take the pain away while you're healing, they shouldn't have any qualms about dulling the pain for you.

I hope you feel better soon, Amy.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Think they'll go for it?
They should! That sucks. With bronchitis, they want you to cough, right? They should be able to give you something for the pain.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh Aim, I feel your pain. Literally. Mine is just starting to feel better after almost a month (although mine isn't torn, it's inflamed but the pain was excruciating). Buy those disposable heat pads that stick right to your skin, it helped me tremendously. Heat and 3 advil every 4 hours.

Sorry you're going through this. :(

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Ouch! I hope they can give you something stronger to help with the pain. Good thoughts for a speedy recovery too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts