1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is

PENN STATE

:cool: :cool: :cool:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gsXBvf9lnE_0a4WqlR0Hpw5bR61gD99MUAD03

One would think this may not be a good thing, though on the good side, Penn State has consistently had one of the highest graduation rates for athletes in the country.

But I can tell you us Nittany Lions know how to rock a party, whether it be a pre-game tailgate, a post-game apartment bash or even a frat party.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
My neice was so straight-laced, never partied or drank a drop of alcohol in her life. Boy did that change once she started at Penn State. She graduated 3rd in her class though, so it didn't hurt her too much. :)

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I know two Penn Staters. Both going to start their Junior year. I have never met two more straight edged college students ever! They gave me the impression that Penn State would be the opposite!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Is this supposed to be some kind of new revelation? Duh! It was a party scholl when we had to drive to Bellefonte (I think that is how it is spelled) to buy liquor at the State Store since the locals wouldn't vote to have a State Store in town. Of course, it was my jnior year when we got voting rights in town for the students that lived there more than 6 months a year. That was also the year the referendum to get a State Store in State College passed. I wonder how that happened? Did I mention that the # of students living off campus was greater than the permanent population of State College, PA? Not sure is it was 1966 or 67/

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this supposed to be some kind of new revelation? Duh! It was a party scholl when we had to drive to Bellefonte (I think that is how it is spelled) to buy liquor at the State Store since the locals wouldn't vote to have a State Store in town. Of course, it was my jnior year when we got voting rights in town for the students that lived there more than 6 months a year. That was also the year the referendum to get a State Store in State College passed. I wonder how that happened? Did I mention that the # of students living off campus was greater than the permanent population of State College, PA? Not sure is it was 1966 or 67/
Ed... not a new revelation, we've been on it several times, but not the top spot. Yes, you spelled Bellefonte correctly.

As for the # of students living off-campus was greater than then permanent population of State College, that may still be true. I know the enrollment for the Fall Semester is over 43,000.

Oh & one last thought for you Ed...

The Diner, located in State College, was voted #3 on the "Best Places to Eat a Sticky Bun" in the United States in 2005 by Pastrypoll.com. It is a place of Penn State tradition that dates back to 1929. The diner serves grilled stickeys. Many alumni come back here well after they have graduated from Penn State.

*grilled stickies... drool*

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
'The Diner, located in State College, was voted #3 on the "Best Places to Eat a Sticky Bun" in the United States in 2005 by Pastrypoll.com. It is a place of Penn State tradition that dates back to 1929. The diner serves grilled stickeys. Many alumni come back here well after they have graduated from Penn State.

*grilled stickies... drool* '

Oh Dear! This alum stops at the Creamery every roadtrip through PA, soem trips intentionally misrouted to go through PA. Headed across 80 to Scranton or NYC, or across 76 to Philadelphia or DC. DETOUR to the creamery for an ice cream cone on the way east. (Trip is planned to make sure we hit it during hours it is open.) Westbound same thing but may pick up a block of cream cheese also.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am headed back there the end of September to attend the Big Ten conference opener against Iowa!

Can not wait to get stickies & Creamery Ice Cream. That stuff is dreadfully sinfully delicious. Unless you've had it, there is no way to describe it, it is better than ANYTHING you can buy in the stores, even Dove and Ben & Jerry's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts