Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just stumbled on to this on-line.

Bravo TV is going to do a version of Top Chef with current professional chefs. Each will be competing for a charity of their choice.

http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef-masters/season-1/bios?limit=48

Yes, this has been done on other shows, but some of the chefs competing look like this could be really interesting. Going just from the line up... I can't wait to see:

Rick Bayless
Michael Chiarella
John Besh

John Besh placed 2nd to Michael Simon on Food TV's search for the next Iron Chef.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I love Michael Chiarella and John Besh is pretty cool, too - but I was rooting for Mike Symon. ;)

Some of these chefs have been on Chopped, too.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Awesome... a chef competition show with actual chefs..

That's the one thing I hate about Hell's Kitchen... you get soooo many duds... while they provide a lot of entertainment value... it certainly doesn't make the show seem much of a competition between "the best of the best"

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Awesome... a chef competition show with actual chefs..

That's the one thing I hate about Hell's Kitchen... you get soooo many duds... while they provide a lot of entertainment value... it certainly doesn't make the show seem much of a competition between "the best of the best"
Try Chopped. It pits four real chefs against each other. They are all given the same ingredients to prepare either an appetizer, entree, or meal and one of the ingredients is always something really strange that doesn't 'go' with the others. It's a test of their ingenuity and skills in coming up with different dishes under pressure.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The so-so chefs who get on Hell's Kitchen really don't bother me, it is Gordon Ramsey's incessant god-awful screaming!!! I swear he is going to give himself an anuerysm or something.

Maybe because it gives me flash-backs to an old boss who used to do **** like that, but I don't get the entertainment in watching that.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I love Chopped! That is one of my fave shows. I've never watched Top Chef but maybe I should, it sounds good.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I like all the chef shows. Gordon Ramsey's yelling seems a bit over the top.

When the diners go into Hell's Kitchen I assume they realize that it could be hours before dinner is served and that they will hear Ramsey saying the F word the whole time? Do they get the dinner for free?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts