Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tooth - Updated

UPDATE - guess I am too much of a worry wart. It was not cracked it had something lodged in there. Glad it was nothing serious.

Thunder seems to have a cracked back tooth which I noticed over the weekend. It looks like it's been that way for awhile.

Doesn't seem to be bothering him, but I wonder if the head shaking is the tooth bothering vs. ears. He's going back to the vet this afternoon. I called to see what teeth cleaning would cost and they said any where from $200-$500.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Is it one of the molars? Does it look black in the center? If so, that means its decayed already and will most likely have to come out.

See what the vet says.. sometimes they can be left and be just fine, but sometimes the tooth and the gums can get infected and cause a lot of pain.

Update us when you find out!!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Ouch! Good thoughts. A friend of mine just had to have her Lab's tooth fixed. She had a fracture that they were afraid would get worse.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Well wishes. HOpefully it will not be a difficult extraction. I would think if it was cracked it would be better taken out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts