Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went in for the normal Spring Heartworm test. I figured shouldn't be a big deal. Boy was I wrong. Heartworm test, Bordatella (just in case we board her this summer) and 6 months of Heartguard and 2 months of Frontline. $158! :eek: They offerred a special on a Wellness Blood panel for $86. Uh, no thanks.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Yeah. I hear ya. I boarded Molly at the vet while I was in Vegas. Came back with a bill for 200 bucks after her yearly routine stuff like heartguard and kennel cough, and yearly physical. Ugh.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I shudder to think what it will be for my three. I made the appointment today and asked the vet if I could spread the bill out over a month or so since my hours will be cut back so drastically. Happily he said no problem!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and then they gave me a card to give someone for a referral for 10% their first visit. How about 10% off my next visit for the referral??

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
I feel your pain. Our last trip for Toby and Chamois (annuals, exams, heartworm test, 6 months of Heart Guard, ear drops for both of them and antibiotics for Toby's skin rash) came to $561. Last week I had to take Sherman (Maine **** kitty) for a minor skin problem and that was $108. But I love our vet, so expensive or no, I will keep taking them there unless something really bad happens to my finances.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Wowzers.

I have to take Tucker in for his heartworm test. I completely forgot until the weekend.

I used to do his HW test and all his annual shots and annual exam on the same day. Now, I do them a couple months apart.

I don't know what our vet is charging this year. Hopefully she hasn't raised her prices again.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I hear ya. True, if done right, having a dog is not a cheap proposition. But like you all, when I see their wagging tails...or run happily playing in an open field...or lying next to me on the couch watching TV at night...well, somehow, the expense doesn't seem so much then..:)

I still think happiness is having a dog ( or two!). I would like to have another, but I would have space issues, I wouldn't be able to spend time with them all like I want, and the monetary cost is out of the question. But if I could...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts