Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 80* at 7:45 this morning. It's 89* now. I've tried to rally the crew a few times for gentle play outdoors but no dice. The most I could muster was to have them trapse around me while I swept the patio and carried out poop patrol. It was less than enthusiastic. Ah well. At least it stopped raining!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
We're having highs in the upper 80s, too. The will is there to play, but I know overheating can happen so fast! We try to play just for a short while at dusk. Teddy and Ivy will get in the kiddy pool and cool off frequently during play. But it's not fun for the babies this time of year.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AmazonGold said:
Nance, would they play in a kiddie pool?
I wish, Jackie. Tried it a few years ago and no interest. The birds would drink from it, perch on the edge. That was okay with me.

My only player might be Flynn but he'd have a pool the size of Labby Laura's emptied of water in no time flat. I believe he might try to get a game of Marco Polo going with the beagles, though! :D

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Send me some of that rain Nance!

about the same temps here
I threw the ball for shadow
she was more interested in exploring the woods where it was cooler
shayna is all sprawled out in the basement - they love the concrete floor

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Your guyes (sp?) ??? weather goes from cold to hot in so short a period. I just cannot imagine.

Is this normal for near summer weather?

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zoesmom said:
Your guyes (sp?) ??? weather goes from cold to hot in so short a period. I just cannot imagine.

Is this normal for near summer weather?
No, Linda. Since last fall our weather has been all over the map and highly unusual. Nothing is within normal ranges. In fact, since my last post here the temp has gone up to 90* and it's 5:54 PM!

The monsoons are to return on Wednesday. ****. Everything is just beginning to dry out a little bit.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Yikes...90* :eek:
Not very happy temperatures over there.

I feel very spoiled rotten over here.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
It is already 102 here and for several day it has been that hot. Way to hot for this long for early May. Cinnamon plays in the mornings or evenings and in the pool some. Other than that she uses the house as a butt tucking track.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
It's been the same here. It's still 70 right now at midnight. It's going to be a miserable summer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts