Just Labradors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family (2 brothers and a sister) don't talk at all. So I just found out by googling my maiden name that my oldest brother got married for the 4th time !! It's funny but sad. At one time, he was my hero and I looked up to him. I hope number 4 works out but maybe he will tie my sister at 5.... but then again my sister has probably moved on to number 6 or 7. Haven't talked to her in about 8 years. Shoot she could be up to number 10 by now !!!

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Getting married that much seems like an awful lot of effort. I'm holding onto husband number one, if for no other reason than I really hated dating.

Are you going to send a gift? :)

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Getting married that much seems like an awful lot of effort. I'm holding onto husband number one, if for no other reason than I really hated dating.
SU and I have been together for almost 21 years and we're not married. I think more than anything else, we don't want the stress of planning a wedding.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I can understand that Nathan, its a lot of money and effort for something that is really between 2 people. You don't need a show to make a commitment, especially these days when getting married seems to be akin to going steady, lol. If you aren't into planning and parties and throwing around money, then why bother?

Me - I LOVE that stuff, so I had fun with it! I'm guessing Sarah is like me too, lol.

My SIL and her fiance actually just split up, and I think part of it might have had to do with the wedding plans... he is NOT showy and wanted a small destination wedding. My IL's had a fit, and it turned into this big fancy hotel wedding. I know there must be more to the breakup then that, but it certainly added to the stress of the relationship.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Nothing wrong withholding on to #1 and working through the issues as they come up. We are currently working on year 42 and the third of our three kids will get married this October. So far our first two are are still together with their chosen ones. All kinds of things happen, all kinds of stresses, and people change. I believe the key to a long relationship is picking the right partner in the beginning and then committing to make it work. Abusive relationships excluded from everything I just typed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts