Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL He is almost 9 weeks. I am going to try and change his food first, that seemed to be the input of a breeder and the person at the feed store. He should be parasite free, as we did worming med for 5 days, after we got him, when he did have some. I know the litter box needs to go, but i guess my thinking was it was good til he can get thru the night.....which is when?!?!? LOL
I was going to take it away at 10-12 weeks, leaves me a lot of wiggle room!
But what do you do once you do take it away, get up in the middle of the night to take him out?!
Also do anyone elses Labs, like to do all their water intake in the evening?????
I am changing to innova, also i figure since he is a lab he could do with out the grains anyway...he was on purina one.
Thanks all for your input...so appreciated!!!
And no I am not from Canada, I'm from Connecticut....i was just trying not to offend anyone with what i wanted to say!! :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
But what do you do once you do take it away, get up in the middle of the night to take him out?!
Yup! :) I forgot the age at which he should be able to hold it all night, but it shouldn't be too much longer. He'll have to go about every 4 hours at this age.

You should also pick up his water dish after, say, 7 p.m. if that's the case. Oh, and do a gradual switch with the food, like over a weeks period.

So, what color is the big guy? :)

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Henry started sleeping through the night at around 12 weeks... he probably could have done it sooner, but I was so used to waking up at 3 and taking him out that I just kept doing it. Ollie was probably between 4 and 5 months before he started sleeping through the night.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
A silver lab you say? If he is only 9 weeks, he is very, very young. He is just like a human baby, all they do is sleep and poop. You do have to take him out in the night. I'd be very careful changing foods etc since he is so young, you could cause diahrrea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts