Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will be my very good friend's last day at work! Its her job and with her encouragement, that I applied for and got this week. Even though I am very excited about the job, I would give it up in a minute to have my friend working by my side, to laugh with and cry with, as we have done for the last 18 yrs. Work just wont be the same:frown: I wish you well my friend, and am looking forward to hearing about your adventures in this new road you will be traveling.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Of course, I do not know this whole story, but from what I have read.

I think your friends situation reflects well with my own. Do not worry about her, she will enjoy her next stage in life and leaves a place she had loyalty to in fine hands.

I retired this past October. Had been my plan to leave this past year for some time. About three years ago, I turned down a position and recommended someone a lot younger (i.e. she could be my daughter) for the position and committed to mentoring her for as long as needed and desired. My manager agreed. When i left, well before I left, the 'kid' had grown into the job and was already regarded as one of the best at that level. I left no holes when i departed, even if I have gotten a few phone calls since leaving asking for some words of guidance. (Hint: Don't be hesitant or afraid to call her if you need someone to beat something against.)

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Your friend can move on safe in the knowledge that she's left her position in capable hands. :smile:

I know how you feel. One of my colleagues resigned today too. That guy was my eyes & ears & constantly on the lookout for any problems that I might have to deal with. I just hope I can train his replacement to my way of doing things because we were a good team.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Awwww sorry Di.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! Crud, the tears have already started just reading all your kind words! We will stay in touch of that I have no doubt, since we talk freq. outside of work. We are a good team, sort of read each other without saying the words. We have bonded in very stressful situations, and over the years. I can only hope I can do half the job she has done in her position. She is actually moving to a new position within our healthcare system, so she will be easily reachable if/and when I need her insight. So off to get through the day- Thank you all- Di

1 - 8 of 8 Posts