Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~Update~
We are home.

Emma was a trooper, of course. I left her there, went to eat and back to pick her up. She was exited to see me and so was I :happy:. On the way back her legs got sleepy :snore: and we had to rest. We went into a petstore and Emma could lay down while I bought some treats for her.

Then we headed the long way back home with train. At least Emma could get some rest. On the way out from the train Emma tripped and poor girl landed on her chin :(. She run back home so happy. No apetit yet... or she looks on the food, but not sure if she should eat of it. Other than that she's fine.

Vet told the side effects, burn mark.... will come the last week of treatment.

We're exhausted... Long trip, long day.... Next treatment will be on Thursday.
Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers, you brought me to tears again. :happy:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I do not look forward to the radiation. :( It scares the heck out of me... But I know the chance of the tumor not to come back without radiation is almost zero... It makes me so sad my sweet sweet girl need to go through this.

When we took the stitches on Tuesday, we met a "new" vet. She was reading Emma's journal, after the removal, and jumped and just bursted out: "Wow she's that old! That's amazing... I really thought she was younger". I asked how old she would have guessed. And she said half the age :D. That would be 6.5 years. :happy:

I'm so scattered beecause this is a benign lump, yet aggressive locally. The HPC is hard to remove all of it, even if the vet remove all of it he can see, just one cell needs and it will grow back once again (which it has already done once). I'm thinking.... Maybe it doesn't come back this time... Maybe I shouldn't do it.... But then thinking about what the chances for that are.. Thinking if it comes back... Wonder how deep it will be then.... How hard to remove. It was rather easy the first time. The second much harder, grew around the jugular vein... next time... NO it will not be a next time, we'll beat this dumb lump once and for all. Tomorrow we'll go for our 200 miles trip (with bus and train), back and forth, to a hospital for the first of 6 treatments. Wish us luck.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Re: Tomorrow Emma starts her treatment...

Good Luck! And healing vibes for sweet Emma. And I have to agree with the "new" vet she looks much younger than she really is :D.

·
Registered
386 Posts

My friend has been at my house, from out of state, for the last two weeks with one more to go. Her dog is receiving radiation for a mast cell tumor. She has done well. No real ill effects to speak of. She is groggy each day from the anesthesia. She has handled it well and hopefully the radiation will have gotten rid of her tumor. The one thing that has helped is having someone help load her dog in at the vet and I help her each day to get her out of the car when she returns. The dog is more curious about why she cannot have any breakfast and does not seem concerned or stressed about the treatments. Good luck for the treatment and for Emma's long term prognosis.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts

My thoughts are with you tomorrow Veronica. Emma will do fine, just look at Nellie.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts

Oh! You have to travel so far for her treatments! That makes this a double journey for you, doesn't it.
You both have my very best wishes that the treatments take care of the beast and give the beauty many more happy years with you.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

Good thoughts for you both

·
Registered
8,752 Posts

Sending good thoughts for you and Emma! (((((HUGS)))))

·
Registered
1,234 Posts

Sending good thoughts for both you and Emma! I just know she will do well. :happy:

·
Registered
5,276 Posts

Best wishes for you and Sweet Emma :happy:

·
Registered
126 Posts

Sending good thoughts for you and Emma. :happy: ((((hugs)))) to you both

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

Good luck with the treatment. Will keep Emma and you in my prayers.

·
Registered
683 Posts

Hey Veronica

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, that everything will go just fine. And Emma will be a trooper :happy:

Hugs and good thoughts

1 - 20 of 72 Posts