Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever watched this show?
I didn't know about it until last night I was searching through the channel guide and saw it so I DVRd it to see what it was about.
Wow, I didn't know they competed so young.
Talk about intense mommies.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I watched one or two episodes. I don't like how much the push the kids they are too young to put that much emphisis on looks and being perfect all the time.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think there are parents who push their kids equally as hard in sports and they could do a show about sports parents, gymnastics etc.....
Yikes I just didn't realize what was involved.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Your right I think it's important for kids to be involved in things but I don't think their life should revolve around any one particular thing like that.
I did see a show about show pets and their parents there was a woman on there that had a son that she pushed really hard with showing their dog it was just over the top and you could tell the kid wasn't having any fun. I felt bad for him she was constantly putting him down for not doing everything perfect.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there was a little girl at the end of the show......she won something but not the BIG prize. Her mom was upset and the little girl sat there with a frown on her face looking so tired and she said "I'm smiling on the inside". Poor kid.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I think I'd be physically sick.

No 4 year old girl needs to be looking like Angelina Jolie.

And the mothers who push... hurk... Can you say Patsy Ramsay?

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
there was a little girl at the end of the show......she won something but not the BIG prize. Her mom was upset and the little girl sat there with a frown on her face looking so tired and she said "I'm smiling on the inside". Poor kid.
I saw that last night too and really felt sorry fo rthe kid, and that she could even come up with a saying like that.

Those little girls look kinda freaky to me, very beautiful, but very fake. Spray tans, fake teeth, hair pieces and constantly nit picked about not doing things right. Of course very few people have ever seen me in make-up.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I've only seen one episode but it makes me a little sick. Sure, there are people who push their kids in sports and other activities, but none of those puts so much emphasis on appearance. I think it's terrible to teach tiny kids that what you look like is the most important thing about you.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
yeh i saw part of an episode and couldn't stand they had that much makeup on a kid so young....weird moms; to say the least.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I cannot stand what they do to those little kids. Yet, I cannot turn away. It's sick, I tell you, sick!!

Notice that a majority of the mom's are heavy set?? I wonder if they are projecting onto their children??

And I hate when the mothers stand up in the audience and go through the motions with their kids.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I have seen it once and it made me want to vomit. I was seriously disturbed by what the parents were doing to their children.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I've seen a couple of episodes. The parents/grandparents/guardians of these boys and girls really have me baffled.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts