Just Labradors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Tal for about a 40 minute walk today...longest one yet and we have been building up to it. Goober was itching to play fetch when we got home too! Anyway, when we were on the walk, I used the retractible leash. For the most part he came when called, exception was when there was something he really wanted to sniff. And I only had to give a hard tug (using pinch collar) twice. We walked along busy street, a semi busy street and neighborhood streets. One thing I am trying to teach him is to stop at each corner, sit and stay. We have a ways to go but when I told him to stop at the corners, sit and stay he did. I'm hoping soon he'll get to where he does that without me saying anything!

One thing I was really pleased about is that he never tried to get into the street. The closest he ever got to the street was the curb. And much of the time he walked in a good heel without any prompting from me! Now that really surprised me.

And if you're wondering if I played fetch with him when we got home, well yes I did for about 10 minutes. I've also noticed that he will occasionally just look up at me when we are walking. I guess he is making sure I am ok with everything!

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Sounds like he's coming along very nicely!! I love it when they look up at you as you walk, sometimes it's like they are saying "Omg, I love you, can we walk forever?".

G

·
Yes, it's cute when they look up at you. Merlot actually looks up and kisses my leash hand. Zoey just looks up when we get to a corner, not knowing weather to go straight, turn right, or turn left ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts