Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking that this should become a daily feature.

Today's Morning Walk Find for March 11, 2009
by Theo

Hey, everybody! Today I found an ENTIRE SALMON HEAD in the parking strip! We were about half a block from the grocery store; I bet somebody didn't close the lid on the trash after they cleaned out the fish counter! I could hardly believe my eyes. I was really stealthy, though--I just very subtly scooped my head down and picked it up. But it was really huge so I couldn't get it all in my mouth, and then the guy started yelling "OUT! OUT! OUT! OUT!" I just clamped my jaws down tighter, like I usually do, but then he was REALLY UNFAIR. He grabbed my collar with one hand, and with the other hand he slid a finger in my jaw hinge, and it just popped open and the fish fell out. :( So I didn't get to eat it. But it sure tasted good!

Stay tuned for what I find tomorrow! I love living in the city!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Theo -- Wes here. Next time, for some unbeatable entertainment, don't try eating in it. But ROLL IN IT!!! Ho-ho, the mayhem!!!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Theo, glad to see you are feeling better! Daisy agrees, next time just roll in it, the fun lasts longer that way!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Theo you listen to your Dad on this one those things can make you really really sick!! Hope you find something tomorrow that you can actually eat or have a good roll in!!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Young man, you have got to learn to get a grip. A grip.
A fish head like that is a prize and you should never, ever relinquish it.

From the other side,
Paddy

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Hi Theo, Jed here from across the pond, what a great find you had, too bad your Dad was mean enough to take it away.

Yesterday me and my sis found a partly decomposed fawns leg complete with hoof, but you know the best bit...?

Mom thought it was a stick and picked it up to throw it....believe me the trees in the forrest did hear her scream !!

Better luck next time at consuming your find,

regards, Jed.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Gave our two sardines today right before the SU came home. He did not know they'd just had a treat. The kiss he got from Romy nearly gagged him.

Here you go Theo a little treat. Don't tell anyone.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
3/12, p.m. walk

Muffin wrapper: thwarted twice, coming and going. (I got revved up a half a block away on the way back, but he was ready for me.)

Dried-out hotdog bun: Managed to drag it several feet with my paw as the man pulled me away from it. Lack of thumbs a definite disadvantage.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts