Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
16,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking that this should become a daily feature.

Today's Morning Walk Find for March 11, 2009
by Theo

Hey, everybody! Today I found an ENTIRE SALMON HEAD in the parking strip! We were about half a block from the grocery store; I bet somebody didn't close the lid on the trash after they cleaned out the fish counter! I could hardly believe my eyes. I was really stealthy, though--I just very subtly scooped my head down and picked it up. But it was really huge so I couldn't get it all in my mouth, and then the guy started yelling "OUT! OUT! OUT! OUT!" I just clamped my jaws down tighter, like I usually do, but then he was REALLY UNFAIR. He grabbed my collar with one hand, and with the other hand he slid a finger in my jaw hinge, and it just popped open and the fish fell out. :( So I didn't get to eat it. But it sure tasted good!

Stay tuned for what I find tomorrow! I love living in the city!

· Registered
10,257 Posts
Theo -- Wes here. Next time, for some unbeatable entertainment, don't try eating in it. But ROLL IN IT!!! Ho-ho, the mayhem!!!

· Registered
2,546 Posts
Theo, glad to see you are feeling better! Daisy agrees, next time just roll in it, the fun lasts longer that way!

· Registered
4,732 Posts
Hi Theo, Jed here from across the pond, what a great find you had, too bad your Dad was mean enough to take it away.

Yesterday me and my sis found a partly decomposed fawns leg complete with hoof, but you know the best bit...?

Mom thought it was a stick and picked it up to throw it....believe me the trees in the forrest did hear her scream !!

Better luck next time at consuming your find,

regards, Jed.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Gave our two sardines today right before the SU came home. He did not know they'd just had a treat. The kiss he got from Romy nearly gagged him.

Here you go Theo a little treat. Don't tell anyone.

· Registered
16,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
3/12, p.m. walk

Muffin wrapper: thwarted twice, coming and going. (I got revved up a half a block away on the way back, but he was ready for me.)

Dried-out hotdog bun: Managed to drag it several feet with my paw as the man pulled me away from it. Lack of thumbs a definite disadvantage.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.