Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Bali! He is at the vet right now! We will pick him up at 5. Poor baby, he is going to hate us (not to mention the vet) after this.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are home now, and he is just very sleepy. He whimpers if I am not within about a foot from him. Poor guy isn't feeling to great! I think Shane is going to sleep on the floor with him tonight.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! He is much more alert this morning, but in a lot of pain. The pain meds we were given are only once a day, which doesn't seem like a whole lot. Anyone else who has gone through this have any suggestions on how to reduce the pain? We are icing per vet recommendations too.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Aww poor boy! :(

Wow only once a day! When Emma had her lump surgery, she got 2 each day, morning/night for 3 days. And she didn't seem to be in any pain, so I guess it helped. What kind of pain meds did he get? Emma got Rimadyl.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I went thru that with Tal in February. He cried also especially when I put him in his crate at bedtime. I was afraid he would get up during the night and stumble and hurt himself. Well, I let him out, he crawled up into the bed with me and dozed right off. I think all they want is reassurance from us that it's ok...I think it scares them because they don't know why they feel the way they do.

The vet didn't give me any pain meds for Tal...never needed any. I think like people they all respond differently..hope he is doing well this evening!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the reassurance. Bali is doing so much better today...he is practically back to his old self. In fact, the worst part is trying to keep him calm and from playing since we don't want him to tear hisincision site. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts