Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's been with us for 6 years. =)

Unfortunately, we thought he was only 3-4 years old back then, but he was more likely 6+. So he's upwards of 12 years old now probably.

He's been the perfect dog - well, with just a couple points off. ;) He used to squeeze out the front door and run all over the neighborhood until we finally figured out to follow him in the car. Then he'd come back and hop right in, "Where we goin'?!" And even now, he's still a complete looney tune at the vet's office.

Wouldn't trade him for the most well-trained, well-bred lab on the planet.

July 2004 (didn't have a digital camera until then)

Last summer (he's laying under the table on the deck)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY, OTIS!! :) :)

I love all the grey on his face! How is he doing getting around these days?

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY, OTIS!! :) :)

I love all the grey on his face! How is he doing getting around these days?
He has good days where he'll run back up to the house in the back yard. But he struggles a lot of the time. He hardly ever lifts his back feet up completely off the ground when he walks, and you can tell he has a hard time squatting to poo. :(

He's still making it up and down the stairs in the house though, which is good. That will be very upsetting for him when he can't do that anymore. We're in a tri-level and the bedrooms are upstairs. I know he won't like having to sleep downstairs. Hopefully we won't have to worry about that.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Carry him upstairs if it comes to that? Errr, have Jason carry him up! :) My Dad used to do that with Garth....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts