Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had a blast on our morning walk at the park today! Lots of beautiful scenery, the mild heat, some bird watching and a pesky squirrel, along with a spider the size of my hand all made for an interesting morning...

The squirrels at this park are so used to being fed, they have absolutely no fear of humans. We normally will keep a bag of peanuts in the van for them. This one took to teasing Harley by running down the tree just out of reach, then when Harley went for him (just to play) he would run back up the tree, only to do it all over again when Harley relaxed.

In the picture of him sitting down, a flock of birds had landed along side the path, and he sat to watch them a while. I think he thought he was hunting.

The last picture is of him drinking from the faucet. It's running, he is just getting all of the water in his mouth :D

I'll spare you the picture of the spider!

Kevin

P.S. I just noticed for some reason, my attachments are out of order, but I think you can figure it out...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Oh Kevin, Harley is such a cutie. Abbey loves to drink from faucets, sprinklers and the hose too. Coco prefers her water in the bowl. :)
How are Harley and Alexander doing? My grandaughter Danielle is here this week. She is also 7. It took a little training and coaching to teach her the commands and hand signals to use with our two labby girls but in 3 days she has them under control 90% of the time. Watching her with them made me think of you and your two little ones. Lots of good thoughts for all of you. Keep up with the training !! It is always a work in progress for all of us.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Oh Kevin, Harley is such a cutie. Abbey loves to drink from faucets, sprinklers and the hose too. Coco prefers her water in the bowl. :)
How are Harley and Alexander doing? My grandaughter Danielle is here this week. She is also 7. It took a little training and coaching to teach her the commands and hand signals to use with our two labby girls but in 3 days she has them under control 90% of the time. Watching her with them made me think of you and your two little ones. Lots of good thoughts for all of you. Keep up with the training !! It is always a work in progress for all of us.
Thanks for the replies!

Alexander and Harley are doing much better. Harley seems to be accepting him more and more, and they are actually starting to have fun together. I think the suggestion to have Alexander walk and feed him is doing wonders, so thanks to whoever said that...

Here's the spider. He's a bit blurry...

Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Harley is so cute. Love the pic's. Gracie loves to chase squirrels and birds. I'm glad you held back the giant spider pic...I am scared to death of spiders.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
It's a Banana Spider. They're big and not lethal, though they are venomous. If you want to see how big, look here:

CLICK HERE

But be aware, some things cannot be unseen... :D

Kevin

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Great pics. My girls drive the squirrels (fuzz butts as they are known here) nuts and vice versa. They caught one last year and would have killed it if I hadn't heard the ruckus they were making. Poor little fuzzbutt. It rested in the tree for an hour then took off to home. It came back a time or two but never when the girls were out.

Beautiful spider!! We get garden spiders but they are no where that big. Where do you live??

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Cute pictures! My two love to chase chippies and squirrels too. Libby thinks she can climb the tree after them. She doesn't get very far!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts