Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
He looks so good, Laura. :) It looks like he has gained some muscle since you became yours.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Just wondering... have you tried the vinegar fly repellant you make yourself? I bought a big jar of vinegar to give it a try. I get these little flies that hang on Gandy's midline (under her belly) and she ends up with midline dermatitis. We fight it all summer long. Swat works, so she's got a nice pink belly, but I'm wondering about the vinegar mixture.

·
Registered
601 Posts
What a pretty boy you have Laura!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just vinegar, Linda? I'm ready to try anything at this point but don't want to spray more chemicals on him. Is it white vinegar?

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Here's a couple of homemade recipes I've found...They basically are the same thing... I've not tried it yet, but plan too. I still have a bit of fly spray left in the bottle, but when it's gone, I'm going to try the vinegar/water/soap stuff. If you try it, let me know what you think.

2 parts apple cider vinegar
1 part water
a squirt of dish soap.

6 cap fulls of Skin-so-soft
one cup of White Vinegar
and a tablespoon of ivory liquid soap.
Put in a spray bottle and shake well.

Or, #3
I use 2 parts apple cider vinegar and 1 part water with a squirt of dish soap(keeps it from sweating off) and spray it on as a fly spray. It's cheap and it works as well as much more expensive fly spray.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I won't be able to try it until Thursday since I'm going down to see Seamus' Leader Dog pups tomorrow, but I'll buy the stuff tomorrow sometime. Thanks.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Me too. They're supposed to bring "good medicine" according to Native traditions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts