Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is dead grass in all of his "pee" spots. Is it his diet (Eagle Pack Holistic Large and Giant Breed Puppy). Is there a supplement that helps?

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
You really don't want to mess with the dogs chemistry. The cure is toflush the pee spots with water when they do it. OR set up a spot where the urine won't harm it and train the dog to pee there.

Not what you wanted to hear, but its pretty close to the only options you have.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Ed is correct. Do not use any so called food suppliments as they are designed to alter the PH of the urine and that can cause serious problems. All of the information I have read suggest that watering frequently is the best option.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I have two girls and a boy, and the boy kills the grass around the tree where he commonly goes to the bathroom. The girls do not. I water my grass daily, about a 1/2" of water, keeps the grass healthy enough to not allow weeds to germinate.

I also overseed in the spring and fall.

If you look at my signature, you can see patches in the lawn, I have just reseeded, but these are traffic spots, not urine burns.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I thought it was my dogs killing the grass too until I was scooping up dog poop and discovered rabbit turds all around and over in the brown spots!!! SMURFIN RABBITS!!! My yard looks horrible. Anyone know how to get rid of rabbits?

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I thought it was my dogs killing the grass too until I was scooping up dog poop and discovered rabbit turds all around and over in the brown spots!!! SMURFIN RABBITS!!! My yard looks horrible. Anyone know how to get rid of rabbits?
Get a Lab!:)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
12 gauge, size 6 shot

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Have 3 labs and they could give a crap about the rabbits. 12 ga, size 8 shot, but neighbors might complain.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Yep, for me only water has worked. Misha leaves spots on the grass and homer around the trees and walls. Besides, water will keep the yard from smelling foul and the grass green!

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
There are a lot of "supplements" and sprays that are out on the market but I haven't heard anything good about them.

Like Ed said, the only way to get rid of them is to literally follow the dog around and dump a bunch of water where he/she peed. Or, you could put down some mulch/rocks/etc and train the dog to pee/poop there. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts