Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was put on atenolol Sp? 50mg around 3 years ago and it worked quite well. I had to go to the ER a few days ago, to get some stitches after cutting my hand on a tuna fish can, and my blood pressure was off the wall, and I am on blood pressure pills........I do know trauma can raise it up, buttttt, I had a blood pressure check today and it is still a bit high. Anyone have trouble keeping the pressure down, even when on pills...........????? Does anyone take more then one type of BP Pill?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Me! I was taking 3 different kinds, still not controlled. Just recently switched to 2 new ones, still not controlled. Drug-resistant hypertension, that's me. I've tried several regimens, so far, haven't found the right combination. I used to be controlled with one medication but that has changed. :-\ My mom takes 4 medications to keep her blood pressure under control. Right now I'm trying to lose some pounds and exercise more.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am 53 now, but way back when in my teens I was always around 120/80........which back then was A-ok........as I got older it got higher....years ago they said 160/100 was within the norm........then it went down to 140/90........now it is 120/80??????????????? Go figure. I had realtives live into their 80's with hypertension, and never took anything, and it was cancer that took them.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
120/80 is fine at your age, Pat. Just watch that diastolic (/80) pressure. That's your "outtie from the heart" number. :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I would kill to be 120/80. I'll be 51 this year and my doctor wants my BP at around 120/80 but for some reason mine wants to hover anywhere between 170/100 :eek: and 130s/90s. Doing the menopause thing right now and that's not helping in my struggle to control my blood pressure.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nance, when I was a teen mine was 120/80.............mine at the er was 184/104...............today, docs want oldies like me with a norm of 120/80............I can tell ya that number I will ever get down too....

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I take 2 different ones ... Covera HS and atenolol My pressure was just a little high .. 130/85, but they had me state on these for migraines. I checked my pressure the other day and I am running around 117/70 right now.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for your input.........I know I need a second med....I see the doc next Thursday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts