Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tina will be fifteen in June. She has selective hearing; cataracts- the vet told me this week she has lost maybe 25% totally and the rest somewhat fuzzy; and she enjoys grazing the yard snarfing up rabbit, deer and whatever other poop she can inhale before being scolding. She and Baby Girl had UTI's in January. Vet was amazed the denisty was exactly the same for both dogs. They ran them twice just to be sure. About a week ago Tina stopped eating and had two days of vomiting. Monday was her last vet visit. She was fine except for one elevated reading. Her creatine was just above the high range of normal suggesting the start of disease according to the vet. This level had been in the normal range before. The vet wanted to put her on a moist Science Diet food.

Aside from what she grazes on outside, Tina gets 1/2 cup of Diamond Natural for Seniors and one 14 ounce can of drained green beans 2X daily along with .4 ounces of MSM EQ and three peanut butter on unsalted crackers a day. She also gets a dog biscuit as a please be good toll whenever we leave.

She has decided not to eat sometimes opting to go straight for the peanut butter cracker about twice a month. Last week she did not eat her food for a couple of days, though she was right there for crackers and tolls.

Any suggestions to kep her healthy and reduce the creatine?

Thanks
LD

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
A friend, whose dog was in full-blown kidney failure, visited a homeopathic veterinarian. This vet prescribed some tinctures that my friend swears were helpful. Additionally, she switched her dog to Sojoshttp://www.sojos.com/ at the urging of the homeopath.

Homeopathic medicine is NOT for everyone...so I totally understand if you don't want to try this route. Just wanted to chime in.

I will be keeping Tina in my thoughts and prayers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts