Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved an e-mail this morning stating that a sure fire way to remove ticks painlessly. It states that you take a globb of liquid soap on a cotton ball, hold it on the embedded tick and within 15-20 seconds the tick crawls out on its own and will be stuck to the cotton ball. Anyone heard of this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
745 Posts
That sounds vaguely familiar to me, but I would be shocked if it works. I've seen ticks ignore alcohol, red hot needles, etc. Let me know if it works though. Kody hasn't had a tick on him in a long time, but if he gets one I'll give it a try for kicks. :)
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
The only thing to remove them correctly, is with a: "tick removal pen", that's the only proper way to do it ;)

All other things will fail, trust me, i've been there, seen that, and done that! ;D

And i'am keep up removing those nasty little creatures ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,122 Posts
The only thing to remove them correctly, is with a: "tick removal pen", that's the only proper way to do it
Or a tweezer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,085 Posts
I found my first tick of the season today... crawling happily up my thumb.

Bleghghghghghghghghgh...

So far, not a single one on Wesley. I need to start wearing Frontline again <<splashes it on like cologne>> Ahhhh -- Fresh AND bracing!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,020 Posts
We use something called "Tick Nips" they are like a scoop/tweezer. Works like a charm on pups and people! I pulled one off 15 yr old son last night!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
can you guys elaborate on "tick nips" and
tick removal pen?
We always end up leaving the head in, which
we were told will dissolve on its own, but
would like a better way................
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,503 Posts
I cant believe it can be THAT easy Bucksmom! We have had ticks not back up for a hot needle!
But hey, Ill give it a try!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
This dandy gadget has removed many a tick from Piper and unfortunately me as well. It's cheap and easy, can't beat that combo!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,258 Posts
What's with all the gadgets and gimmicks here... I'm a true southern gal... I just grab the tick with my finger nails and pull it off. It's never failed. I pulled one right off of Ruger's eyelashes this morning, a real tiny one too. He thought I was going to poke out his eyeball... but I got that sucker off and gave it the royal flush :)
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
raian said:
What's with all the gadgets and gimmicks here... I'm a true southern gal... I just grab the tick with my finger nails and pull it off. It's never failed. I pulled one right off of Ruger's eyelashes this morning, a real tiny one too. He thought I was going to poke out his eyeball... but I got that sucker off and gave it the royal flush :)
My nails arent that long! ;D

But i've already removed three ticks at once by Laika, so doing it with some help with a gadget make the t(r)ick much easier! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,020 Posts
bearbuddymarie said:
can you guys elaborate on "tick nips" and
tick removal pen?
We always end up leaving the head in, which
we were told will dissolve on its own, but
would like a better way................
We got ours from the vet! Funny thing the kids Dr is now giving them to familys. They look like a shallow spoon that is split in the middle. You open them up place them on either side of the tick and close (like tweezers) it pulls the tick right out. Ask both your Dr and the Vet. You can also ask at the drug store.
Good Luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Piper said:
This dandy gadget has removed many a tick from Piper and unfortunately me as well. It's cheap and easy, can't beat that combo!

We have this and it works great! We have removed a tick from my son and one from my hubby, have not needed to use it on the dog.....yet!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top