Just Labradors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE - Went to the vet and Thunder has an UTI.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thunder will be 6 yrs old in a couple of weeks and has started marking in the house and won't leave the other dogs "private parts" alone! :mad: Has to be sniffing ALL THE TIME!!! Started marking about a month ago and at nite he wants to go out every 2 hrs!!!. Yes, every 2 hrs! Makes for bad sleeping for mom. He goes out and pees and then comes right back in. I think he's holding it all day, except for the occasional marking he's been doing. He is not neutered, DH says absolutely not! (it's that male thing) I've tried and tried til I was blue in the face trying to get to him to concede on the neutering.

Any suggestions, short of neutering and/or locking him up at nite?

(Bud is neutered and Simba is spayed)

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
UTI if not id def neuter..my mums dog was neutered late and she still sometimes has problems with him marking in the house he is 10 though so maybe a bit incontinent

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
I'd wonder about prostate problems in a 6 year old, un-neutered dog. BPH, more specifically.

Definitely requires a vet trip.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! Thunder has a vet appt. for Thurs. afternoon. I mentioned neutering to DH on phone today and he hung up on me! LOL Oh well, will wait and see what vet says.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guess I didn't know that and the vet didn't say that...

Other than that he got a clean bill of health! :)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
CJ has had a couple of UTIs. As soon as we get his meds started he is feeling and behaving much better.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Good to hear it's nothing serious. Anytime a behavioural change like that happens, always best to rule out physical problems first. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts