Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His 3 year old swallowed a quarter. :eek: Did you ever do anything crazy like that when you were little? Whether it caused you to go to the hospital or not?

When I was 3 I was at my Aunt & Unk's and decided to see how many stones I could shove up my nose. I remember it like it was yesterday and it wasn't pleasant. I remember Unkie taking me to the emergency room but I don't remember what happened once we got there.

:angel:

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Amy. Is it okay to laugh? I mean really laugh? Please say yes!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely Tom! I'm sitting here in tears (laughing) just thinking about it!!!!!! I don't know what the hell I was thinking. ;D

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i swung an empty swing that came back and smacked me by the eye and left a really nice scar to this day.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I swallowed a marble when I was 4.
I actually remember it-funnily enough.
Probably because the doctor told my Mom to make me eat a whole piece of bread *including* the crust...and when I was 4 I HATED the crusts! :p

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I drank lighter fluid when I was 4. It was a double dare and I couldn't say no. A week in the hospital and enough scar tissue that it still shows up on x-rays.

Upside was I won a dollar.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
lololololol Amy!!!
I shoved crayons up my nose ::)...frequently from what I hear. So finally my Mom bought a pair of hemostats figuring that was cheaper than running my stupid ass to the ER all the time, and I never did it again hahaha.

I also ran into the side a pick up truck once too...and was crawling around on the street looking for my change from the ice cream man. That's the only thing I cared about was the dime change because I didnt wanna get in trouble for losing the change :eek:

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The first big mall in Lincoln opened in 61, my two cousins and me were 4-5 years old, they had a fountain with under water lights, we tried it in there basement later, took the shade off a lamp, plugged it in, turned it on and then stuck it in a milk carton of water, blue green flash and the fuse blew. I can still hear my Aunt hollorin' down inta the dark basement, "what the hell are you kids doing down there?" ::)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I'll be amazed if I still have friends on here after telling you guys this, my mom still tells the story of me at age 3, sitting in a corner eating a cockroach. ;D

My daughter put a raisin up her nose once....the ER doc pulled it out with a paperclip. lol

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Robin, who the hell dared a 4 year old to drink lighter fluid?! Sounds like a big brother thing? :( Holy crap.

Kim, that hurts just thinking about a marble going down my throat.

Apparently kids are obsessed about noses. ;D

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
Robin, who the hell dared a 4 year old to drink lighter fluid?! Sounds like a big brother thing? :( Holy crap.
It was a big brother thing. I've got 5 of them and was lucky to have survived. I'm the youngest of six and the only girl and they never really forgave me for being the only kid to get their own room.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
delmonico said:
I can still hear my Aunt hollorin' down inta the dark basement, "what the hell are you kids doing down there?" ::)
And you of course replied, "NOTHING!!!"

I tried riding my bike down the killer-diller hill we used to sled on. It was a dare. I smacked my head and got a concussion. That explains an awful lot about the man I am today!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
dweck said:
delmonico said:
I can still hear my Aunt hollorin' down inta the dark basement, "what the hell are you kids doing down there?" ::)
And you of course replied, "NOTHING!!!"
She didn't find out about the attempt to make diamonds with the vice, a lump of coal and the Berz-O-Matic till 1999. ;D

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still it didn't aff aff affec affect memememe one bit shakes head shakes head
LOL!!!! ;D

Robin, are you close with all 5 now? Just curious. I love sibling stories and picture.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
These are hysterical!

Dan, mine is very much like yours: We lived on a huge hill, at the top. I was showing off my skateboarding finesse for my cousin, and decided to ride it down the steep hill.

"You'd better not do that Connie...you're going to hurt yourself!"

"Nah! he he! I've done this a thousand times!"

Yeah.

I wiped out, face first, on the pavement. Knocked my glasses several yards away. When I finally found them, I came limping back up the hill with some unreal road rash.

My cousin just stared at me, all the way up the hill. Expressionless. Then, when I was about five feet from her, she burst out laughing.

:mad: ::)

Getting those wounds cleaned was NOT fun. I still have a scar on my right hand.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Golfgirlrobin said:
jzgrlduff said:
It was a big brother thing. I've got 5 of them and was lucky to have survived. I'm the youngest of six and the only girl and they never really forgave me for being the only kid to get their own room.
And this would be why I was glad when the last one was another boy. I kind of felt sorry thinking about a girl at the end of that train! ;D

I stuck a bean from the "Don't spill the beans" game up my nose. :-\

One of my favorite stupid ass kid stories is when my Brother in law hit a basketball that was laying on the ground with a baseball bat. The bat rebounded off the bball and smacked him square in the forhead and knocked him out! ;D That one cracks me up every single time I think of it!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oooo oooo oooo, I got another one. We lived on a farm and Dad took the pickup truck next door, up the loooooong dirt driveway. He warned my cousin and I to stay away from the back door (we were sitting in the truck bed). Did we listen? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. One good bump and the hatch flew open and we flew out. It was summer so I had a halter top on and my back was exposed. Screamed bloody murder until he finally realized we fell out and came back. We were both bleeding pretty bad. I still have nice scars on my back from that.

Now that I think about it. They didn't take us to the hospital and I'm pretty sure we both needed stitches. Hmmm. ???

1 - 20 of 39 Posts