Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, did you know that Grizzly bears will kill and eat Black bears? I saw this on Discovery and I thought it was so interesting.

Also, did you know that the deepest hold dug is appr. 7.5 miles. The temps that deep were somewhere around 350 degrees. They had to stop digging because the rock was so soft that it would keep filling in the hole when they had to change the drill bit. It took over 23 years to dig that deep.

I wonder how fast the Juan De Fuca plate moves per year? Does it move at the same rate as the N.American plate?

I wonder if Marbury shoes will take off. Some kids are simply TOO into name brands. I think Stephan did a cool thing by making a comparable shoe to Nike at an affordable price.

Can you believe how many years it took to build the mirror for Hale's telescope? And then all the stuff that went down with the Hubble.... There is no way you could get me to do a space walk.

I am happy there are people that have focus. I don't have focus. I like everything.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Now that's the Shannee I know and love. Seriously though it is hard not to be able to focus. Sometimes it feels like your brain won't shut off. I have that problem at night when I try to sleep.

On the upside you do learn lots of intresting yet useless crap about the world don't you?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kaedesmom said:
On the upside you do learn lots of intresting yet useless crap about the world don't you?
He he.... I do. There is so much to know though. I can't possibly learn it all in one lifetime. I would like to go to an observatory. THAT would be so cool.

Maybe I should clean my kitchen and wash clothes? When I grow up, I want to be a scientist. ;D

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
lol, being a scientist would require you to grow up. Do you think you really want to do that?

Seriously Shanna, You must get mentally exhausted. uh...did you know that cats are so revered and worshipped in Egypt that when they dies their owners would shave their eyebrows?

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Just a scant few days ago you had no thoughts.Now look at the flood of info you have! It's good to take a break once in awhile.

What was the purpose of drilling a 7.5 mile hole?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
labs4life said:
What was the purpose of drilling a 7.5 mile hole?
To see what's down there. I wish they could go further. I want to know what else they would find.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kaedesmom said:
lol, being a scientist would require you to grow up. Do you think you really want to do that?

Seriously Shanna, You must get mentally exhausted. uh...did you know that cats are so revered and worshipped in Egypt that when they dies their owners would shave their eyebrows?
I didn't know the eyebrow part. :D

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
errr.....I didn't make that very clear. The owner shaves their own eyebrows off, he does not shave the cat's eyebrows off. :D

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Also, did you know that the deepest hold dug is appr. 7.5 miles. The temps that deep were somewhere around 350 degrees. They had to stop digging because the rock was so soft that it would keep filling in the hole when they had to change the drill bit. It took over 23 years to dig that deep.
Wonder if they filled it in or left it. Where was it drilled (what country)?

I wonder if Marbury shoes will take off. Some kids are simply TOO into name brands. I think Stephan did a cool thing by making a comparable shoe to Nike at an affordable price.
I heard they are flying off the store shelves and they can't keep them stocked (in our area anyway).

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
I saw the Marbury shoes this weekend in Flint, Mi. They had a lot in stock. They did have a sign saying due to high demand you couldn't buy more than 10pair in one day. I thought that was generous of them. Who needs to buy 10 pairs of shoes?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IzzyLucyWillie said:
http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=567

J

·
0 Posts
Around here, people call them Starburys. So I had to google to see if it was the same thing.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Shanna said:
IzzyLucyWillie said:
http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=567
COOOOOLLLLL thanks!!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think my head exploded. I had to take a nap. I slept for 3 hours. I'm awake now. *groggy eyed*

1 - 16 of 16 Posts