Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CVS makes their own, which says "compare to Cetaphil cleanser", I've never tried the name brand Cetaphil Cleanser but the CVS brand makes my skin feel wonderful. I have dry dry skin!! So if you want to save a few bucks, it might be worth the try. The Cetaphil was $11.99 and the CVS was on sale for $6.99!!

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
It's amazing how many generics are either made by the same manufacturer (just a different label slapped on them) or made with the exact same ingredients.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nick said:
It's amazing how many generics are either made by the same manufacturer (just a different label slapped on them) or made with the exact same ingredients.
Yep, but even the labels looked really similar!!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Nick said:
I always try generics, if they do the job, I rarely buy the premium label. I do look at the country of origin and prefer domestic over import. The job I save could be my own. ;D

I've worked with many manufacturers over the years. You would be very surprised at the number of different labels that come from the same source. The tide is changing as China and India are growing, some generic products are shifting to imports and the original label goods are domestically made. It is prevalent among durable goods more than consumables. I look at the country of origin and decide from there, especially with skin care products or foods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts