Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... what size collar (length in inches) do your pups wear?

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,793 Posts
Yes!! I was totally going to post a thread like this!

can you guys add what length you needed when your pups were... say... 8 weeks?? Thanks! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,793 Posts
Hey, I just realized that you live like, an hour away from me, Henry's mom! Where did you get Henry, if you don't mind me asking!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,339 Posts
we got dexter at 8 weeks and i had a nylon adjustable collar that is 5/8 inches wide and and adjusts from 10 inches to 16 inches.

right now at 12 weeks, he's about half way through the length of it, but i don't expect it to last much longer so i have a 3/4 inch nylon one ready that goes from 14-20 inches and by then i hope he will have graduated to BIG BOY status and i can go crazy with regular collars ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,793 Posts
did the 10-16 one fit him well at 8 weeks? or was it still a little loose?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks pj!! I saw the CUTEST little girl collars that I couldn't help buying, but their pattern only comes in an XS (up to 12 inches), so I figure, the new pup will be only be able to wear them for a week or two! ::)

Hi Baloo's future mom! (I love the name!!) Where are you?? Henry came from Gorsebrook, in Oshawa. :D His breeder, Leslie, is awesome!! Who are you getting Baloo from??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,793 Posts
Baloo will be coming from a kennel in Arthur Ont. called "Atkinsday" see here: (there's new pictures of his litter up, check it out!) (his mom is "Cedar")
http://www.cooperslane.com/atkinsdayindex.html

However, This is Katie's first litter, so all of the breeding, whelping, etc. is being done at Cooperslane under the watchful eye of Valerie Cooper, who's been breeding labs for like, 25 years or something. (Katie works at Cooperslane, that's how she got involved in breeding!) site here: http://www.cooperslane.com/ So our guarantee and everything still comes through Cooperslane.

They're both awesome awesome people, and their dogs just blew me away when I met them, they were so amazingly beautiful, and more importantly, sweet and nice!

Henry's really cute!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh my gosh, Cedar's puppies' pics are too cute!! ;D Ah, puppy breath!!

The worst part for me was knowing Henry had been born, and just counting the days before I could bring him home! I used to drive up every week after he was 4 weeks old just to visit and play with the pups! I lived in StoneyCreek then, so it was way closer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,339 Posts
Baloo317 said:
did the 10-16 one fit him well at 8 weeks? or was it still a little loose?
yp, the 10-16 one fit him fine at 8wks. not loose on his neck. the width looked a little heavy (maybe 1/2inch would have been better) but that was the best option at the time and i knew he'd be grown into and out of it within a matter of weeks.


henrysmom said:
Thanks pj!! I saw the CUTEST little girl collars that I couldn't help buying, but their pattern only comes in an XS (up to 12 inches), so I figure, the new pup will be only be able to wear them for a week or two! ::)
oh felicia, that's too hilarious! i am SO trying to hold back my urges to buy dexter anything right now! too hard!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,793 Posts
henrysmom said:
Oh my gosh, Cedar's puppies' pics are too cute!! ;D Ah, puppy breath!!

The worst part for me was knowing Henry had been born, and just counting the days before I could bring him home! I used to drive up every week after he was 4 weeks old just to visit and play with the pups! I lived in StoneyCreek then, so it was way closer!
am I ever counting the days!! And it seems like there's still waaay too many days to go!!

My Vet is in Stoney Creek (Briarwood) too cool! It seems like so many of the peeps on here are from way across the ocean or the southern states! neat!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,676 Posts
I bought the CUTEST sky blue adjustable 5/8" nylon collar that I think goes up to 16" too...but alas, the chub scout is going to outgrow that in about a week. :(

Felicia, you are getting a new puppy? Did I miss that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,829 Posts
While my dogs rarely actually wear collars, they each have a couple "outfits" because I love buying them ;) Bono's collar is 12-18". Piper's first collar was 10-14". Puzzle's was 12-18" but it was a little too big on her for a week or so. They all came home at 7 or 7.5 wks.

Now...share what you're up to!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,829 Posts
Oh and because I really love to share puppy pics...here are the girls in their puppy collars :)





It's a crappy day here, but I'll try to get a pic of Bono in his a bit later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oooooh, Nicole!! I like the purple one!! Where did you get it??

I ordered this one: http://3dirtydawgz.com/ct2.html
and this one: http://3dirtydawgz.com/images/cat/ct6.jpg
from Lori at 3 dirty dawgz. heehee.

I know I shouldn't be buying puppy stuff now, it's still a year away (dog fertility gods willing) but I'm too excited! This pup will have tons of stuff by the time she gets home, especially considering my collar obsession. :D She already has a pink ZoomGroom!

Yes, it's official, I've put in a reservation for a chubby yellow girl! The litter (blacks and yellows) is expected this winter, so by this time next year, hopefully, Henery will have a baby sister!!! Eeeeeee!!!!! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,258 Posts
Remington is in an 18" collar now... it's on the 2nd hole. He has one more hole to go and I'll have to get a bigger one. He is 15 weeks old today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,793 Posts
henrysmom said:
Oooooh, Nicole!! I like the purple one!! Where did you get it??

I ordered this one: http://3dirtydawgz.com/ct2.html
and this one: http://3dirtydawgz.com/images/cat/ct6.jpg
from Lori at 3 dirty dawgz. heehee.

I know I shouldn't be buying puppy stuff now, it's still a year away (dog fertility gods willing) but I'm too excited! This pup will have tons of stuff by the time she gets home, especially considering my collar obsession. :D She already has a pink ZoomGroom!

Yes, it's official, I've put in a reservation for a chubby yellow girl! The litter (blacks and yellows) is expected this winter, so by this time next year, hopefully, Henery will have a baby sister!!! Eeeeeee!!!!! ;D
I'm a little afraid to bring Baloo home, it seems with labs you can't have just one!! LOL ;) ;D ;D
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top