Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took these yesterday after I got the final perennials in. You can't really see them, but they're up against the stone steps. Sidewalk hadn't been swept yet either. ::) Can't wait to see how they all turn out.
From the driveway looking toward the house :

From the house looking toward the driveway :

The "other" perennial garden by the driveway :

Close up of The Broom. Love this plant!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you go with different flowers this year from last?
Yes, and I wish I knew what they were called! LOL! I kept the marigolds because I love the bright color, and those red poofy flowers from last year. I added another red with white center, and another of the same but in purple.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Oh it is very pretty - I just planted a broom plant - it had the pinkish blooms.....but it looks like it is dying and I've only had it for 2 weeks.
Do you know what might be wrong with it?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just planted a broom plant - it had the pinkish blooms.....but it looks like it is dying and I've only had it for 2 weeks.
Do you know what might be wrong with it?
I'm no plant expert, believe me. I don't even know what most of them are called. :-\ Are the flowers diminishing, or does the whole plant look like it's dying? They only bloom in the spring, could that be it? The plant itself should stay green though.

We have excellent soil, which is why our plants thrive there, plus I water every other day.

J

·
0 Posts
I love the broom! I want one now!
You've been working hard. It looks awesome.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh, I love that broom!!!! I tried those one year with no luck. I think they are marginally hardy here?

Love your sidewalk planting! Very colorful. What all have you got in there?

I have that Japanese Maple too. :) It's the one I was so worried about after the freeze. I cleaned up some dead ends yesterday, and it's looking great! So relieved.

·
0 Posts
Looking good!! We still had a light frost last night - think that was the end - so now we can put in some annuals to color ours up. You did a wonderful job!! :D

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Looks great Amy! We still have a few weeks to go before we can do any annual. We had frost last night. :( I like the broom. :D

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks nice. You are brave to plant (what looks like) annuals so early.
Nah, we're good to go here PAM. ;D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts