Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since spring and summer is here women will be wearing shoes and sandals without hose. They say that panty hose is out. I think it is very tacky looking unless you have legs like Betty Grable. I don’t like looking at white, flabby, vein-like legs. It looks very disgusting.

LOL...well I better keep my pasty white legs covered :D

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
That's pretty tragic. With all the other crap that's going on in the world, that's the best thing they can find to moan about? :eek:

Some people need to get a life. :(

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Yeah, I really don't care. My mom uses self-tanner but my legs are blindingly white and I'm proud of it!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Hey unless you go to a tanning both, which I'm too cheap to do, how do you get any color on them if you don't wear shorts! To hell with them, if you don't like my legs don't look at them! Awww I love being in my 40's ok almost 50!!:D:D

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I wore capris the other day and I have no doubt my ankles and calves would have glowed in the dark.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
LOL! I went tanning this year.

Last summer I went to the pool with kids and my sis and her kids, I was lying in the shade and looked out to check on kids, my sis' legs were so white I thought she had pants on for a min. I had to laugh because I imagine my legs were just as horrible. I decided this year I won't blind the pool guards. :p

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Guess I better get to shaving.

**ow**

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I have to say, I think in a professional work environment where men are wearing suits or sport coats for women to not wear hose is incredibly unprofessional.

I am not saying I am not guilty, but when I do, I try to keep the hemline to right above the knee or longer and wear "peep toe" as opposed to strappy sandals...and feet are ALWAYS well pedicured!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I have to say, I think in a professional work environment where men are wearing suits or sport coats for women to not wear hose is incredibly unprofessional.

I am not saying I am not guilty, but when I do, I try to keep the hemline to right above the knee or longer and wear "peep toe" as opposed to strappy sandals...and feet are ALWAYS well pedicured!
I agree, in a work environment, it just looks tacky for a woman to wear a dress or suit and have bare legs. We had a 'professional' female, part-owner of a management firm we were using, who always came into the office bare-legged and with too much cleavage showing. She did not have nice legs and would have benefitted greatly from wearing pantyhose.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Well they certainly don't live in Phoenix.

Dress code in most Phoenix offices is no suits and no panty hose from May to October. I know our city government follows this. Now if you are in court or have a very formal meeting you wear them but the average work day....no.

You try wearing panty hose when it is 115F just so you "look good". Looks be damned I will take comfort any day. (and yes I use a self tanner as I have had skin cancers I won't do the no sun block thing).

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
My leg color has never looked good - not white, but that purply white, uneven color. I can tan, but it is still uneven. When I was thin, I did go with bare legs in dresses, but I would NEVER do it now, unless it was just a sundress, and even then, I feel ugly in dresses since I've gained so much weight. I never could understand how people wore jeans in the summer, but I'm one of them now. I'm not even looking forward to wearing my capris this year.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I would think in a professional office you wouldn't wear sandals, so the pantyhose wouldn't be an issue. I don't know. I avoid this problem completely by wearing pants. I'm just not the skirt wearing type.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Suit with a skirt = pantyhose and no sandals. But I wouldn't wear that in warm weather anyhow. In the summer any office I've worked in goes casual, so you can wear a more casual skirt or capris/walking shorts with a blouse and sandals, and therefore no pantyhose. But I agree that self-tanning lotion is beneficial in that type of office environment!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I would think in a professional office you wouldn't wear sandals, so the pantyhose wouldn't be an issue.
Yea, that.
I don't want to see anyones hurky toes while I'm at work. Co-worker wore open-toed shoes last year and she had gigantic toes. Painted gold. I wanted to throw-up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts