Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been an EMT with the fire Dept. I have seen a lot of wrecks during that time and with all the running around the country I do. Wrecks usually do not get to me that much, but this one was the worst one I ever saw, and I was almost a part of it.

I was only about 100 yards behind the light blue truck and had I been a bit closer would surely have been involved. The two trucks hit head on at around 60 mph. They hit so hard the trailers flew almost straight up in the air. I can not even fathom that no one died from the impact that I saw. I am still shaken by what I saw.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/video/13415334/detail.html

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you weren't involved! I wonder what happened.
Good thoughts for those who were hurt.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Oh my Joe! I sure hope you bought a lottery Tix today, cause it was YOUR LUCKY day to say the least! Glad no one was killed!

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
So glad you weren't involved. Those trucks scare the heck out of me when I drive the interstate.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
You've made a zillion deposits in the good-Karma bank over the years, Joe. When you avoided that accident, you made one small withdrawal. A blessing for all the blessings you've brought to others.

I'm glad you're safe! ;D

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh my gosh Joe! The Lord was looking out for you that day.

Any kind of car accident scares the willies out of me. Even close calls will shake me up. I can't imagine witnessing this.

The worst accident I ever saw was one night when Kevin and I were on our way home after a play. There was a car on the interstate that whizzed by us. We cursed their driving, but never expected what happened next. It was a few hundred yards up the highway when we saw a flash of light up in the air. We couldn't figure out what the heck had happened. When we reached it, we saw that it had hit the guardrail and peeled it up. We saw light reflecting from the guardrail...or maybe we saw the underside of the car. Either way, it had run off the road and flipped, landing in a ravine.

Two guys got out, shaken but not hurt. We stopped to see if they were OK. They took off on foot. :-\ We think they were drunk, or had drugs, or something, and didn't want the cops to catch them. :-[

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I once watched a car going perhaps 15 mph roll over. The driver was coming out of a townhouse development and mis-judged the left turn he was making. The far side of the road sloped away into a ditch that was no more than 3ft below the road surface, but he got into it and rolled the car completely upside-down. I was shocked. It was like watching a movie.

I pulled over and called 911. He was fine, but the image has stayed with me.

Worst part about a hi-speed accident to me is the SOUND of it. That gut-wrenching SMACK/SHATTER sound that just makes the pit of my stomach drop.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts