Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning about 9am we received an email that one of our coworker had a stroke and it didn't look good. It seemed he got up at 6am and his wife heard him fall in the bathroom. I heard from one of the audit nurse who went up to ER at the hospital he was at to see if there was anything she could do for the family (even though she didn't know them) that he was still bleeding into his brain so it was only a matter of time.

Tom passed away at 11am. He was only 57 in great shape, ran 10K's 3 or 4 times per year no high blood pressure or family history of stroke.

He was a real character. Always good for a laugh. I was talking to him yesterday. You could have heard a pin drop when they sent the pop up message that he had died. They wanted everyone to hear it at once and as some people were on the phones there was no way to get all 250 people together.

So if you can say a prayer for his wife and family.

If somehing like this doesn't cause you to put your problems in perspective nothing will.

B

·
0 Posts
i learned that you live each day like it is your last when my father passed away at age 52. when things like this happen-it really puts your life into perspective.

my thoughts go out to the family. such a sad thing to happen.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, Karon. :'(

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
too young. I am so sorry and yes it makes you think more clearly about what is important.
My heart goes out to his family.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Your'e right Karon....if this doesn't show you what's important and how fragile life is...nothing will.

I'm so sorry..how tragic.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Unfortunately I know the feeling all too well - not my husband...my dad at age 55. I agree - definitely changes your perspective.

Sending prayers...

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
How tragic!! Prayers for all of the grieving family and friends.

It really does put things in perspective, you really never know when your number, or that of a loved one, is up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts