Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little brother just called, he went down to the farm today, someone slipped up the neighbors field road and cut our fence and came in. Lock on the gas barrel was cut, what's interesting they didn't take but part of the gas. Put the nozzle up, put the cap back on and shut off the valve, even put the cut lock back on. An empty 30 gallon drum is also missing. he figures they filled the drum and the pick-up and will be back.

To make things easy for them, he didn't fix the fence, and filled the gas barrel back up. Oh by the way, he got three 55 gallon gas barrels from the neighbor and a hand pump, the gas is locked in the shed now. The gas barrel is full of water. :D The one neighbor works for the local mechanic also. ;)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
My little brother just called, he went down to the farm today, someone slipped up the neighbors field road and cut our fence and came in. Lock on the gas barrel was cut, what's interesting they didn't take but part of the gas. Put the nozzle up, put the cap back on and shut off the valve, even put the cut lock back on. An empty 30 gallon drum is also missing. he figures they filled the drum and the pick-up and will be back.

To make things easy for them, he didn't fix the fence, and filled the gas barrel back up. Oh by the way, he got three 55 gallon gas barrels from the neighbor and a hand pump, the gas is locked in the shed now. The gas barrel is full of water. :D The one neighbor works for the local mechanic also. ;)
Oh I really want to hear the rest of this story!!:D:D

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I really want to hear the rest of this story!!:D:D
I will let you know, the neighbors are keeping an eye out, any one filling their pick-up will have to be towed away.:D Besides theft it will involve 2 counts of trespassing, breaking and entry and anything else they can charge them with. BTW the county Attorney is a customer of mine at work also. He buys vests to wear with his suits.

This is the county SE of where I live, they don't have a lot of sympathy down there for folks who break into farms. 95% of the county are farmers.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It most likely is happening at night so a camera unless it's infa-red won't work.

It holds about 300 gallons when full so it would take a lot of sugar to do much good, although that much water in a modern fuel injector system will ruin it.;)

BTW my brother asked the deputy if we could get in trouble for that. When he quit laughing he said "Nope, it's your barrel, you can store what you want in it.

Brother thinks they got about 50 gallons, there is about 125 gallons in the barrels in the shed now. BTW this is "of road gas" so it cost less because it didn't have the road taxes on it. Legally it is for tractors and such, not for use to use in our pick-ups.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
It most likely is happening at night so a camera unless it's infa-red won't work.
I know I'm getting high tech here, but what if he installed sensor lights? You could rig the video camera to start recording the second the lights come on. :)

Or you could just dig a 50' deep hole in the ground & cover it up with one of those artificial grass mats. Just make sure there's some rattlesnakes in the hole waiting for them. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts