Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.kotatv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6381737

Gunman at Central High School was a hoax, 15 year old in custody

A 15-year old Central High School student who originally gave the information that a gunman was at the school admitted to making it up according to police.

He is now in custody.

The schools were locked down about 9:40 this morning when there was a report of a man with a handgun in the high school.

Police went through Central room-to-room, identifying each student before they are led out of the school.

No shots were fired. No injuries. Besides looking for the suspected gunman, police had to battle rumors, spread by students who text-messaged parents about the situation. Reports of gunfire at Grandview Elementary School were false, as was a report that suspect has been arrested.

Students at Central were evacuated, then taken in small groups across the street to the Civic Center to be checked then bussed to Albertsons' where their parents have gathered.
My kids go to Grandview Elementary. What a scary thing! My SU was able to get my kids from school so I wouldnt worry. I was at a hotel for a business meeting around the corner from the high school and they were not letting anyone leave. All I could do was hold my cell phone in case of news and pray. I thank GOD it turned out to be nothing. I hope that 15 year old gets SEVERELY punished.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Oh Laurie, if you didn't have any gray hairs, I'm sure you have some now and well-deserved I might add. I agree with you about that 15-yr old, I hope he is sufficiently punished. Unfortunately when there are horrible instances, there are often copy cats. I hope the kids are okay.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
I think we'll be seeing a lot of copy cat type things happening in the next few weeks. :(

I'm glad it was a hoax. I hope that 15yr old gets his arse kicked. And I'm really glad your boys are ok. :)

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
OY my, you poor thing, that would have scared me to death.
So glad it was nothing, not go have a nice drink and relax.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't know what to do with a 15 yo that would pull such a rotten threat like that. You know, maybe he has rotten parents, maybe he has nice parents, maybe he wants attention, maybe he's just a punk. Who knows. That is why I opted to not have kids. But I'm sorry either way for all of the parents who have to worry about stuff like that.

All I can say is know what is going on in your kids lives and take care of your family! Be involved! Stay involved and love them no matter what.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts