Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a member of our church die and her funeral was yesterday. She had a fast growing cancer and only knew about it for about 1 month. The funeral was nice, and the dinner was held at our church. My boss called me today and told me her husband was in the hospital. He went home after the funeral and shot himself. He's 89 and she was 87. He didn't know any more than that and was on his way to the hospital. They weren't sure he would make it. How heartbreaking for him, his family and friends. If you could spare a good thought or prayer for him and his family it would be appreciated.:(

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Dear God, please forgive that man for what he did, he was despondent and despairing of life without his dear companion and wife and he was not capable of clear thought. Please bless the family with Your Comfort and Grace, that they may see their way through this double tragedy. In Christ's Holy Name. Amen.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh my gosh! I wasn't expecting that when I read the preview. That's so sad. :(

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
That is so terribly sad. The depth of loss that that man must feel is nearly unimaginable. I hope that he can recover and find the strength to go on.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Dear God, please forgive that man for what he did, he was despondent and despairing of life without his dear companion and wife and he was not capable of clear thought. Please bless the family with Your Comfort and Grace, that they may see their way through this double tragedy. In Christ's Holy Name. Amen.
Beautiful prayer Jackie!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
That is so sad. Do you know how long they were married? When my grandpa died (at 88) my grandma was extremely depressed and sad (they had been married for 70 years). She didn't have it in her to go on without him. She died 3 weeks later. I cannot imagine the grief this man must be going through, and I will keep him in my prayers.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This was the 2nd marriage for both of them but they had been married 25 years, both had lost their spouses after being married for like 35+ years. I guess after talking to my boss, he shot himself in the head but realized it wasn't severe enough to kill him so he shot himself in the chest. He just got out of surgery when the pastor left and they told him that he wasn't expected to live. Poor man, I just can't imagine the depth of his grief. Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts. I never met either him or his wife in person, but knew they were very good, kind people.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts