Just Labradors banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
You've got that right! We had a special weather statement from the National Weather Service saying the next 14 days (issued 3 days ago) would result in the coldest 14 day period for this period on the calendar EVER. It is colder now in mid April than mid January!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put my screens in a couple of weeks ago when it was 70°. :(

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Where are the leaves on your trees? :p

We were heading for an absolutely beautiful spring, but its' going to get down in the lower 20s these next few days so all those flowers, tree blossoms, etc. are going to die. It'll be good for my allergies, but it's a shame that all the crape myrtles that were already putting out leaves (several months early for us) will have to start all over again. I noticed the leaves on a lot of our trees are looking pretty wilted today, after last night's hard freeze.

Luckily, though, no snow...just a few flurries here and there. Next weekend is supposed to be back in the 70s.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
We had as much here in Maryland but it's all melted now. Interesting with the daffodils and tulips and flowering trees in bloom. ;D

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Let's see Christmas I was running around without a jacket, Easter I'm bundled up is sweaters. Yes, you're right, this is just wrong.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Didn't seem right for the Grandkids to have an Easter egg hunt with winter coats and snow boots! I said not to dye the eggs so they would be hard to find in the snow!

·
Registered
202 Posts
What makes it worse is that us here in England tend to get your weather 7-10 days later....so guess we are in for a cold blast in April too!!! Just when we thought Spring was finally here to stay!!!

Michelle

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Don't mean to rub your noses in it (well yeh I guess I do), but we just had a record 79 degrees yesterday here in Seattle where it should be in the 50s. ;D

·
Registered
291 Posts
It was colder today that it was on Christmas! We got over 7 inches of snow on Tuesday and it is still there! Last weekend we raked and limed the yard this week we are wearing our boots. I knew we were going to have to pay for all that warm weather in January.

The good news is we went to the depot yesterday to buy the seed, fertilizer etc... there was no line!

We live on the NH border

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
I still can't believe all the snow some of you are STILL getting. Wow.

Keep warm. Zoe would love to have some snow just once in her lifetime.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
zoesmom said:
I still can't believe all the snow some of you are STILL getting. Wow.

Keep warm. Zoe would love to have some snow just once in her lifetime.
I would love my boys to see the snow just once as well. Don't know what they would make of it........Gus gets all funny about walking on the sand (our dirt!!) or grass after it has rained.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts