Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of Jim and his family this morning and checking for any updates. Hope things are better today. I will keep praying.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
lablimo said:
I was thinking of Jim and his family this morning and checking for any updates. Hope things are better today. I will keep praying.
We very much appreciate your concern and the prayers and well wishes that so many of the JL folks have expressed.

Just before dark here last night I was on the phone with my son Jim when Carol went running from the enclosed rear porch to the office, and then back out again with the camera in hand. I asked what she was doing and she said that I should quick look out the back windows.

We were both hoping that was symbolic of a rainbow or sunshine breaking through for Jamie. Unfortunately, it was not the case and the news still isn't very optimistic. This was taken at the hospital last night and it's not for the faint of heart ... so please don't open if you are squeamish.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/NevadaJim/January 2007 forward/Photo0004.jpg

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Debating whether or not to open link. I just posted to you in O&E Jim.
Praying that she pulls through whatever this is.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Jim I hope you get better news today. Do they know what's going on yet or have a prognosis? If you need someone to watch the dogs so you can go be with her maybe someone on here is close enough to help out.
My prayers are with your daughter and your family.

B

·
0 Posts
Oh Jim. I just opened the link and my heart is breaking for all of you. Please get on a plane to go be with Jamie. You'll feel better and so will she, holding her hand will do everyone's spirits good.

{{hugs to all of you}}

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Dear Jim, How awful it must be to see your daughter in that condition. Rest assured our entire family is praying for her.
I know how helpless you must feel. Hang in there.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
The underlying cause of her dangerously low oxygen level hasn't been found. X-rays and cat scans and other diagnostic tests are clear. Her heart, kidneys, liver and other organs appear to be functioning properly. The oxygen level in her blood is in the low 70s whereas it should be in the upper 90s for a normal person. Having pure oxygen pumped into her through a tube and mask has raised the level to the mid to the upper 80s but as soon as the mask is removed, the levels plumet. That means her lungs are not oxygenating her blood and yet they cant find anything wrong with either lung. She must stay on support until her lungs are functioning. there is already concern about tissue and brain damage from insufficient oxygen for whatever period of time it was between when she passed out until they got her on support at the ER.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Jim,
I'm praying so hard for a full recovering for Jamie.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Lots of love and Aloha coming from us, Jim.
It must be even more difficult being so far away from her.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts