Just Labradors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that it's hot. The fleas are showing their ugly faces. I can't get rid of them. He won't stop scratching..

I already have within the past week:

1. Put flea bombs off in the house.
2. Put flea stuff in the carpet.
3. Sprayed the backyard and front for fleas
4. Washed all the bedding for both the cats and dog.
5. Gave everyone a flea bath
6. Everyone has on Advantage.
7. Bought some flea stuff you spray right on Mambo.

And they are still here. I know alot of it is him going to parks. So we again decided to not go. Maybe the beach, but not the dog park.

Any other suggestions. I feel so bad for Mambo and the kitties.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used something I bought from Petsmart. I want to say it was the adams brand. But not real sure. Kinda just loaded up on everthing they said should work. Think for the link. I am going to look into that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like you might have to get someone out there to spray your house. But it will be worth it for you and he animals.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried this stuff called critter oil. Worked great to keep the bugs away.

We are looking into a pest control company now. I am trying to get prices as we speak :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amanda another thing to think about is if you neighbors have them and they arent doing anything to take care of them (like sprayin the lawn) they will keep over taking your home. My grandmother lives next door to someone who doesnt take care of their yard and has two dogs and you can sit outside of her house and look down and be covered. I would talk to the neighbors around you. just a thought

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My neighbors keep the dogs outside all the time. Fleas are a big problem. But once I out my fence up. I dont have them jumping on my anymore. Not much I can do about the neighbors. Not the type of people that would even care.

So I am stuck trying to deal with it myself.

I am sure it doesnt help when I was doing everything, than taking him to the park. He would pick them up again. So that will now stop too. Poor Mambo wont stop chewing on himself. Oh and they all have worms now. I have treated for that as well.

One of the things I hate about Florida. Fleas are really bad here.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
6 years ago when we had that problem, the only thing that worked was getting an exterminator over to do the house AND the yard. At his recommendation, he did one treatment, then came back two weeks later and did another.

Haven't seen a flea since.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am looking into this now. All the places i have lived before here. We always had a pest control guy come once a month. But didn't think about it now that I own the house. So I am calling around now getting quotes.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I got some granules that you put in the yard, mainly around the edges. It was at the pest control place across from Winn Dixie on south 22nd Ave and 49th street. It was the only thing that kep them from our yard. Inside I sprinkled Borax on the carpet and swept it into the fibers. I let it sit a few hrs (usualy overnight) then vacuumed it up. I did that every day for a few days.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Crazy as it might sound, get some eucalyptus. My mother used to freak about fleas on our dogs. Our Springer Spaniel had them and mum used to run around witht the raid can all the time. Then she heard about the eucalyptus and the fleas were gone. The Springer was the dog we had before Cinder (our lab). Cinder never once in her almost 15 years had fleas. Still had ecualyptus in the house.
I have absolutely no verified back up on this but it worked.
Worth a try.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.