Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working a lot of extra hours because of the computer conversions so I haven't had time to do any yard work until yesterday. Even though I said I was just going to sit on my duff today I went out to preform the task of digging up my bougainvillea that my father told me had died because of the freeze in February. And guess what I found. Lots of green leaves at the base of the plant. And no they are not weeds. So I just cut down the old main trunk and I am going to see what happens. It sure looks like it is going to be OK. I guess the above ground portion froze but the roots survived. We had covered it but 6 days of hard freeze was to much for a new plant.

I planted 2 new ones yesterday on the other fence wall. I think I will go back and get one more and let the whole corner of my block fence be covered in bougainvillea.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Whoa, you guys had a frost? I guess it does get cold at night in the Desert!!! (that's kinda cool)

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I know what you mean! I had just about given up on my Japanese Maples and Crape Myrtles, but lo and behold, they are back out with minimal damage! I spent today trimming their dead ends. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts