Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear they conspire to make me nuts. Abby is on Keflex for her spaying incision that was a bit red. Tonight when I gave her her pill, like always wrapped in a bit of lunch meat, I didn't notice she had spit it out. :eek:
I saw Molly making tongue motions with her mouth. I said "leave it" & SHE spit out the Keflex. ::) I picked it up & then counted the pills in the bottle...sure enough, there were 11 remaining, the correct amount. So I put a bit of peanut butter on it & wrapped it again in some more lunch meat & gave it to Abby. This time I waited & made sure it went down. I guess all labs are not alike. Molly never spit anything out. :)

I am happy to report Abby is doing well. I will be so glad when these stitches come out. What a little pistol she is. ::)

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
lol..I think they are all a bit of a pistol! When I gave Tal his pill a few weeks ago, I would mix some plain yogurt and peanut butter. He never knew he swallowe3d a pill..;)

I'm glad Abby is doing ok. Sounds like she is well on her way to full recovery. I know you'll be glad when she can be her normal self again!

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
At least it was Abby who spit it out. I once pilled the wrong dog. You know how it goes, the dogs are at the kitchen gate, you're busy, the next thing you know, you give the wrong dog the pill. DOH!

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really have to pay attention. With two black girls, I want to make sure the right one gets the pill. ;D I just couldn't believe she did that.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Hahaha! :D

Glad that Abby is doing well :)

When I have to give Thor a pill, I open his mouth, drop the pill in, hold his mouth shut, and blow in his nose. It usually makes them swallow. But then again, he got excited thinking it was a "treat," so I just handed it to him, then he proceeded to CHEW on it. Haha, then I guess when he finally realized that it wasn't a "treat" he spit it out, but by then it was just a big powdery mess so I just picked up what I could and put it back in his mouth! ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts