Just Labradors banner

There's a mouse in my walls

363 views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Apollopuppy 
#1 ·
In my living room. I am not amused. I sprinkled flour outside all along the perimeter of the house tonite, so I can find where the little sucker is getting in. Once I find out, sticky mats here we come.

He better enjoy his last night in my living room wall, as tomorrow, it's go time.

#4 ·
Yikes! Want to borrow my cats? They're excellent mousers judging by the number they leave on the doorstep. ::) They'll catch birds and moles for you too. :-\

#9 ·
We have had mice on and off for years! We call them all Rodney..........we thought we had sealed all the holes they were coming in but nooooo.

As our floors are white, flour won't work so I was thinking of gun powder, but that isn't good for the dogs..... I do like the idea of the shovel, could get rid of a lot of frustration with that................

#12 ·
Princess Zoe said:
Is flour to see their footprints? I have never heard of this.
Yes - you can see where the little buggers are coming and going, and what not.

We've had white floors in the past and flour has worked still - you could always go with whole wheat flour too. I just like taking out the guess work of where to set traps etc.

Oh and Roseanne, I am really sorry, I didn't.

#15 ·
Don't use the sticky things, they're cruel. They die a slow painful death. A regular ole' mousetrap kills them instantly.

Oh, not after you hit them with a shovel. That goes pretty quick.
That cracked me up. Gross story about the sticky things: one of my friends happened to be home when her unwanted houseguest rat found the sticky tape trap. Friend felt sorry for him, so she took the rat-on-tape outside and tried to free him. The sticky stuff ripped off part of his skin and the rat screamed and screamed. Eeewwww. :-X

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.