Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lucas likes to chase Tiller in his wheels, Tiller sits and allows Lucas to grab his toy, Lucas "throws" to Tiller, and the game resumes....sooooooooo much fun to watch :)

Also, today Mike was playing with Tiller and Lucas in the other room. Mike got up to get Lucas's bottle ready and Tiller followed Mike. However, Tiller realized Lucas was still in the other room (connected room) and went and sat my him :) They are best buds already :)

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love pictures/videos of kids and Labs.:D

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
It's very fascinating to me, the seemingly instant attraction and natural affection between dogs and most kids.

In general, most kids from about 3-13+ seem instantly attracted to Puff and she -- somewhat -- to them. (Unlike Bess, who could never get enough schmoozing and exchanges of affection.)

Puff likes a quick lick or 2 of a face, wags of her tail, and that's it -- until she occasionally wants to rub her head and body all over me. But that's on her schedule.

Today, Puff and I went to Lowe's (US mega home improvement discount store where they've never minded my putting Puff in a cart and wheeling her through the store while shopping and which Puff seems to enjoy even more than car riding).

She enjoys it SO much that I wheel her through the store for a birthday treat.

Most of the children (with their parents) grinned as they saw Puff and wanted to come near and pet her, and those who did got Puff's face licks in appreciation.

Their instant mutual attraction was so noticeable that it made me wonder if there's some new revelation eventually to be made in the scientific tale of the co-evolution of dogs and peeps.

To counter that, we ran into one family of about 5 kids, none older than 7, and one of the older boys seemed especially frightened of seeing Puff in my cart. His sibs didn't have as strong a negative reaction but none were smiling. (Maybe he'd been previously bitten by a dog?)

At any rate, most kids and most Labs seem to have an instant mutual admiration society.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts