Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Right now it is overcast and I'll take it! Got home from the beach last night and it was stiffling here. At least over there we had a breeze. Can hardly wait to see my a/c bill for this upcoming month.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
It was 55 frigging degrees here this morning. And the sky was as gray as old dishwater. Feels/looks more like March around here than June.

This spring has been one big PFFT.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
94% humidity, pouring like a bugger. Temps aren't bad at 64.4° but it was awful having to wear a raincoat this morning with all the humidity. Plus I was sweaty from working out and had to literally peel the raincoat off my sweaty clothes and body.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Here's the 10 day forecast for the Hartford, CT area....now mind you...the only sunny day we've had in the last 10 days was 1/2 a day on Sunday.

Today: Partly cloudy with showers this evening
Thurs: Rain
Fri: Showers
Sat: Showers
Sun: showers
Mon: Few Showers
Tues: Rain
Weds: Showers
Thurs: T-Storms
Fri: T-Storms

I'm building an ark.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
We've been in the upper 70's the last few days and mostly cloudy! Its been muggy, but nothing like the humidity you see. Personally its not hot enough or sunny enough for me!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Here's the 10 day forecast for the Hartford, CT area....now mind you...the only sunny day we've had in the last 10 days was 1/2 a day on Sunday.
PA ain't much better. We had a record-run of 12 days in a row of rain in May. We've now had 12 days of rain (although not consecutively, thank God, or I'd be one of those guys you read about in the news who, having had enough, sticks his entire family in the Cuisinart and serves them on crackers as a pate) in June.

I'm in for that ark-building.....

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We had severe storms over the last week and buckets of rain....so now it's STEAMY!!
Crops have been flooded in areas and pounded to shreds from grape fruit size hail.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
See, I think it's been good, since I don't like hot. We've had a lot of rain, but it's mostly been during the work week. The past four weekends have been beautiful. 70's and sunny, low humidity. Perfect summer for me.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I am enjoying 70's and cloudy skies, I'll take it!!! Daughter's softball game last night was pleasant to sit at, I even had a sweatshirt on!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I hate it when it's steamy, yet another reason why I left Florida. I like upper 70's an no humidity. We have only had our AC on 2x this year! The rain has helped with our water bill as well. I think we have MAYBE run them 5 times and the grass looks great!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
London
20°C
Current: Partly Cloudy
Wind: SW at 34 km/h
Humidity: 49%
Wed

21° | 13°
Thu

20° | 10°
Fri

21° | 10°
Sat

21° | 12°
Hey.. we're totally kicking your ass this week.. just in case anyone still wondered if Canada, or Northorn Ontario, ever had any heat =)

·
Registered
601 Posts
92% humidity...temps heading into the 90s also for the next few days :confused:

Same here!!

I don't mind the heat, and I'm use to the humidity but the dogs, Phoenix, and Shane just can't handle it. So I let Phoenix play in his little pool for about 30 mins at 11:30 then he was ready to come in already.

We grew up in a brick house with NO insulation and my Dad works in a factory so he was use to 100+ all day. The AC was NEVER turned on before August with us.

Shane keeps the thermastat on 72, I wear sweats in the house and have to change into shorts before I go outside!!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Summer's been here for several weeks now...high for today is 101, low is 76. The rest of the week's forecast is 99/75 through Saturday. Humidity is only 40% tho, so it's not too bad. But, we really need rain. Seriously...Austin is having one of the worst droughts on record. And there's none in the forecast anytime soon...sigh

1 - 20 of 26 Posts